Oh we are having so much fun with our blog hops this month at Create with Connie & Mary. Want to see what we're up to this week? Keep scrolling....
This week we are all featuring the "Joy Fold" & it's also Connie's Birthday.....Happy Birthday Connie! You may have arrived here from my awesome teammate Nicole Tugrul, if not, either way I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post. Here is my card for this week's hop:
A "Joy Fold" is actually two cards in one. A smaller version of a card is glued to the inside of the larger card and they open in opposite directions:
See how neat the card looks when both flaps are opened? Don't worry, I'll list all the measurements for you below.
I used the "Coloring with Lines Technique" for my ice cream cone. How this is achieved is stamping your images with our Classic Ink Pads and using a Blender Pen to grab the ink from the inked lines to color with. Make sure you stay inside the lines!
So here are the steps to creating this card:
Card #1 (large card)
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock 5-1/2" x 6-1/2". Score at 4-1/4" on the 6-1/2" side and fold.
- Outer Layers (small flap): Whisper White Cardstock 1-7/8" x 5-1/4". Designer Paper: 1-5/8" x 5". Glue both layers to the small flap.
- Inner Layers: Whisper White Cardstock: 5-1/4" x 4". Designer Paper: 5" x 3-3/4".
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Score at 2-3/4" on the 5-1/2" side and fold.
- Inner Layer: Left-hand side: Whisper White Cardstock: 4" x 2-1/2". Stamp the sentiment at the top using Blackberry Bliss Ink and glue to card base.
- Inner Layer: Right-hand side: Whisper White Cardstock: 4" x 2-1/2". Designer Paper: 3-3/4" x 2-1/4".
- Outer Layer: Right-hand side: Whisper White Cardstock: 4" x 2-1/2". Designer Paper: 3-3/4" x 2-1/4". Stamp the ice cream cone images on Whisper White Cardstock using Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry and Delightful Dijon Inks. Color with a Blender Pen. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock and cut with the Word Window Punch. Glue to ice cream cone. Center and glue the card onto the inside of the large card so that the opening of the card is opposite the first card. Close the flap of the large card first and fold the flap of the smaller card on top! Supplies listed at the bottom.
Your next stop is the super-talented Deb Currier. Make sure you take the whole tour of our hop and stop by Connie's blog to wish her a Happy Birthday!
- Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
- Inks: Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Delightful Dijon
- Stamps: Sprinkles of Life, Wetlands
- DSP: Bohemian
- Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Word Window Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool