May 27, 2015

Sneak Peek and the Pointillism Technique!

I have some new products to show you today and what a perfect time to show you a new technique too! Have you ever heard of the "Pointillism Technique" before? The technique involves coloring my stamped image with "points" or "dots" of color. I love the way it turned out:

Do you spy the new products that will debut on June 2nd? The card base is Watermelon Wonder Cardstock which is a new In-Color included in the new 2015-2015 Annual Catalog. Along with that I used a few new colors for my coloring.  First I stamped my flower image and sentiment using Memento Black Ink. I then used Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder (NEW), Mint Macaron (NEW) and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Markers to create my dotted coloring:

To finish off my coloring, I outlined the flower image around the outside with a So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker. Notice how the outlining makes the image "pop"? I hope to have a video for you in a few weeks as I am still trying to catch up from being on vacation a few weeks ago! Here are the supplies I used for today's project:
  • Stamps: Best Thoughts
  • Cardstock: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
  • Inks: Memento Black, Stampin' Write Markers: Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. I really like this turned out too. Nope, never tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try Beth. It's actually a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Lovely!!! I've seen this technique before but never tried it either.
    Your card is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Interesting technique. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HJ. You've have fun with it, promise!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! I love this effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret for visiting and for the comment!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!