May 18, 2015

Merry Monday #159!

Happy Monday and welcome to a brand new challenge at Merry Monday this week! I am the hostess for our challenge this week and I challenge you to use a non-evergreen tree on your Christmas card. I hope you visit my teammates to see what they used on their projects this week. Here is the challenge:


I decided to dig out my cutting machine to cut a bunch of trees. But first I sponged some Soft Sky Ink on the Soft Sky Cardstock layer to create some snow drifts using a torn piece of scrap paper as a stencil and sponging Soft Sky Ink above the stencil:


I kept moving the torn paper in different locations to sponge. I like the way the snow drifts look so subtle in the background. I then glued my cluster of trees in place and added a banner that I hand-cut from the White Christmas stamp set:

 
I finished off my card by adding some stamped snowflakes and Rhinestone Jewels. Pretty easy! I hope you plan on participating in my challenge this week and be sure to visit Merry Monday!

Card Supplies:

Trees: Silhouette Cameo Cut File
Stamps: White Christmas
Cardstock: Real Red, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Soft Sky, Real Red
Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
Tools: Project Life Corner Punch, Sponge Daubers

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Deb, soooo different and clever and You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge, Debbie! Love your "grove" of trees and the way you've sponged the background! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous challenge and a fabulous card! The forest of trees in their snowy setting look so cool and the banner is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design, Debbie! Love how you placed the banners on the trees! Thanks for such a great challenge, too! Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge, Debbie! Love your trees and great sponged background. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your snow drifts in that adorable winter forest you created, just lovely! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is amazing, Debbie! Love the trees with that adorable banner hung in them! You always have such neat idea's! This challenge was a fun one!! Hope things are calming down now that your home from your vacation. How'd you like the Bahama's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Bahamas was awesome but we both came home with a bad cold. I've been sick all week and so has Dave! Not what we wanted for sure!

      Delete
  8. Your snow drifts are perfect & I love how you clustered the tree die cuts! The banner is unexpected & so festive! Thanks for the great theme this week, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun design Debbie, I love the banner hanging in the trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!