May 2, 2015

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!

It's Saturday and that means a new blog hop at Create with Connie & Mary! This week we've all decided to feature the "Bokeh Technique" on our projects. Come along and follow our hop!

 
You may have arrived here from my talented teammate  Nicole Tugrul's Blog with another fabulous project or you may be starting with me, either way I'll be directing you to the next stop at the end of my post!

This is my "Bokeh Technique" card:



I first applied my three ink colors of Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Strawberry Slush with Sponge Daubers. I used Watercolor Paper for my stamped and inked layer. I then made my own stencil using a Window Sheet and the two smallest circles from the Circles Framelits Dies. I sponged the circles using a Sponge Dauber and Craft White Ink:


To finish off my circles, I then used the Sponge Dauber without a stencil for the 3rd smallest circle. If you press it in place and rotate the sponge as you press, the circles turn out perfectly:

 
Here are the card layers and steps I used:
  • Card Base: Crushed Curry 4-1/4" x 11". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Watercolor Paper. Sponge the 3 ink colors of Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry as shown, leaving the top at an angle with no ink. Add the "Bokeh" as explained above.
  • Sentiment: From the Because You Care hostess set using StazOn Jet Black Ink.
  • Rhinestone Jewels: Add a few jewels to the background.
I now direct you to go visit Deb Currier's blog who always wow's us with her projects. She is next in line for our blog hop. Make sure you visit all the stops to see more projects featuring the Bokeh Technique! Have a good weekend!

http://artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com/2015/05/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop-bokeh-technique.html
  Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I like how you didn't cover the card with the bokeh design. I like having a clean space for stamping. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!