You may know what day of the month it is and if not....it's the May Blog Hop for the Control Freaks!
Our theme for this month is Stampin' Up! Sneak Peek Previews! You may have arrived here from Mindy Backes blog. How awesome were her projects huh? If you are starting with me, I will direct you to the next stop at the bottom of my post.
As Stampin' Up! demonstrators, we were able to order some sneak peek products for the upcoming 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Up for my first project is the You've Got This, Friendly Wishes and Floral Wings stamp sets:
I had to hand-cut my butterfly because I do not yet have the coordinating framelits. I love how you stamp the butterfly first and then stamp the flowers and leaves in the blank white spots. Do you spot some new colors? You sure do! I used the new cardstock colors and one new ink color:
- Stamp Sets: Floral Wings, You've Got This, Friendly Wishes
- Inks: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels
- Cardstock: Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
In my first project I used the background image from the stamp set. For this card I used the sentiment and the flower image. I stamped both using Early Espresso Ink:
Once my image was stamped, I colored the stem with the Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write Marker. I then used a Blender Pen to grab the inked lines of the flower and colored subtly on each petal. Do you spot any other new products? What about that cool elegant ribbon and the designer paper in the background? I used the same products for my treat holder:
- Stamp Sets: You've Got This
- Cardstock: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White
- Designer Paper: Neutrals Paper Stack
- Inks: Early Espresso, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write Markers
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Trim
- Tools: Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Bag Punch Board