You may have arrived here from my teammate Nicole Tugrul's blog or you may be starting with me. In either case, I will direct you to the next blog at the end of my post. Our theme today for our blog hop is using Vellum & some new products that will be debuting on June 2nd:
I am using lots of new products today:
- Best Thoughts Stamp Set
- Cherry On Top Designer Paper Stack
- Cucumber Crush 1" Dotted Lace Trim
- Cucumber Crush Ink
- Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write Maker
- Watermelon Wonder 1" Dotted Lace Trim
- Watermelon Wonder Stampin' Write Maker
Here's how I created my card using the "Stained Glass Technique":
- Card Base: 4-1/4" x 11". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Designer Paper 3-3/4" x 5". Glue to card base.
- Vellum Cardstock 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". Stamp the flower image using VersaMark Ink and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder. Set with Heat Tool. Turn over on the back side and color with the Stampin' Write Markers.
- Add glue using the Two-Way Pen on all 4 edges and press in place on the card base.
- Cut a piece of ribbon in both colors measuring 4-1/4" long and glue to the vellum using Sticky Strip. Glue the Cucumber Crush Ribbon first about 1/2" from the bottom. Glue the Watermelon Wonder Ribbon layered about 1/4" higher at the top.
- Add White Baker's Twine at the very top of the ribbons by winding it around the card front 3 times. Tie into a bow.
- Stamp the sentiment using Cucumber Crush Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut out with the Chalk Talk Framelits Dies and glue to the ribbon, tucked under the Baker's Twine.
- Stamp the butterfly image on Vellum Cardstock and hand-cut. Color on the reverse side using the Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write Marker. Glue in place over the flower using Glue Dots.