Hi Stampers and welcome to a new Saturday Blog Hop by the Create with Connie & Mary Design Team! I hope you have been enjoying our Saturday Blog Hops because we love doing them for you!
This week's theme is all about Punch Art! You may have arrived here from Nicole Tugrul's fabulous punch art project or you may be starting with me. At the end of my post I will send you to the next blog on the blog hop so you can take the whole tour!
Since Dave and I are away on a cruise to the Bahamas this week (arriving back today), I wanted to create a punch art card depicting our trip so I opted to use a few punches to create a ship floating at sea. We are at sea with 4 other couples so I guess you could say the "Let's Party" sentiment is appropriate:
Can you guess which Stampin' Up! punches I used on my card? I used the 2" Circle Punch, 1" Square Punch and the Owl Punch:
Here are my card layers:
- Card Base: Chocolate Chip Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Neutrals Paper Stack 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layers #3 & #4: Soft Sky Cardstock 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Using Lost Lagoon Cardstock, tear some strips of cardstock and sponge the torn edges with Lost Lagoon Ink. Place on the bottom of your Soft Sky Cardstock on the 4-1/4" side using about 3 layers. Cut the shape using the Top Note Die. Emboss the Lost Lagoon Cardstock layers only by inserting your cardstock layer only partially into the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. Stamp the sunshine image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with Crushed Curry Embossing Powder and set with your Heat Tool. Add Rhinestone Jewels in the center of your sun. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ship: Create the base of the ship using the Neutrals Paper Stack and the 2" Circle Punch. Cut the circle in half. Add a sliver of Crushed Curry Cardstock as a trim. Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock 1/4" x 1-1/4". Glue to the back of the base and glue to card front tucking under the waves. Cut two squares, one using the 1" Square Punch and one using the smallest of the Square Framelits Dies using Lost Lagoon Cardstock. Cut both squares in half and glue one of each half as the sails using Stampin' Dimesionals. Add two hearts to the largest sail using Crushed Curry Cardstock cut with the Owl Punch. Hand-cut a tiny triangle using Crushed Curry Cardstock for the flag at the very top and glue in place.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the Cheerful Critters stamp set on Soft Sky Cardstock using Lost Lagoon Ink. Hand-cut into a banner and glue using Stampin' Dimensionals!