Debbie's Facebook Page
Our theme for this month is "Hello Spring" using flowers. I created a card and a 3D gift bow. I am hooked on Vellum lately and both projects use Stampin' Up! Vellum Cardstock:
Here's a close-up of my card:
And here is a listing of the layers if you would like to create one just like it:
- Card Base: Rose Red 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". Stamp the flower image repeatedly using StazOn Jet Black Ink from the Bloom with Hope (Hostess) stamp set. Using a Sponge Dauber, add sponging in the white space on the edges of all four sides using Blushing Bride Ink.
- Layer #3: Vellum Cardstock 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". Cut a Transfer Adhesive Sheet the same size. Remove the backing from the adhesive sheet and press the Vellum Cardstock in place. Rub a Bone Folder over the adhesive sheet. Remove 2nd backing from the adhesive sheet and press onto Layer #2 on the stamped side. Rub the Bone Folder over the Vellum to make sure it is properly pressed in place. Glue this layer to the front of the card base.
- Layer #4: Strawberry Slush Cardstock 2" x 4-1/4". Glue to card front about1-1/2" from the bottom.
- Layer #5: Blushing Bride Cardstock 1-1/2" x 4-1/4". Glue over the strawberry layer.
- Flower: Stamp one flower image using StazOn Jet Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Color using Stampin' Write Markers. Start with Blushing Bride, followed by Strawberry Slush and finish with Rose Red. The center is colored with So Saffron and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Markers. Glue flower to the left-hand side of the cardstock strip.
- Sentiment: Cut (1) using Basic Black Cardstock and the Hello You Thinlits Dies. Glue in place as shown in the photo. Use a Signo White Gel Pen to trace around the lettering on the flower only to make it "pop".
- Rhinestones: Add a few Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
Next I have the coordinating 3D Bow made with the Gift Bow Die:
I cut (1) using Strawberry Slush Cardstock and the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. This is used as a base to glue the individual bow parts to.
Using the Gift Bow Die, cut (10) of the single bow piece using Vellum Cardstock. Stamp the flower image on each bow piece using StazOn Jet Black Ink. Allow a few minutes to dry. I used my Heat Tool to move the drying process along.
Bend each bow piece so that the ends meet to form each bow and glue the ends layered on top of each other with Glue Dots. Once you have all of your bow parts made, glue six around the cardstock scallop evenly spaced. Once your first layer of 6 are glued in place, add a 2nd layer of 4 glued closer to the center.
Create the flower in the center by cutting (4) scallops using the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. Pierce a hole in the center of each scallop with a Paper Piercer. Scrunch (3) of the scallops into a tight ball and then un-scrunch. Layer all (4) scallops on top of each other and add a Mini Brad in the center. Fluff up the scrunched flowers to your liking. Add a double layer of Stampin' Dimensionals to the back and press in place in the center of your bow!
Here are all of the supplies I used: