March 25, 2015

Nursing Home Volunteering!

Later today I am traveling to a local nursing home with two of my customers to volunteer our time stamping. This will be our first time volunteering and we would like to try to do this once a month.  I had to keep the cards fairly simple so that the residents would be able to duplicate. In speaking to Amy a few weeks before, we decided to stick to an Easter theme. These are the three cards I designed:



For the first card I did use a retired stamp set because I wanted to include a religious card in the mix. The cross and sentiment are from the Crosses of Hope stamp set. The background was stamped with the branch image from the An Open Heart stamp set.

Card #2 uses the Work of Art and another retired stamp set called Blessed Easter:


And Card #3 finishes off our line-up using the For Peeps Sake stamp set:

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have so often considered doing this myself. Please post tomorrow how you made out, how many attended, and we're you reimbursed for any of it? What a wonderfully, generous idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole! I am very lucky that the Administrator of the Nursing Home used to be a stamping customer of mine and she no longer has time to stamp. She took ALL of her supplies to the nursing home and wants me to use her stuff. All I bring is stamps, tools and ink. My samples are different colors to what they make but it works. I had 5 attend this first time and I had 2 of my customers with me to help. We were there for about 1.5 hours!

      Delete
    2. That is great that you could use their supplies. Kudos to you and your customers for bringing such joy to those lovely 5 residents! I may look in to trying that myself.

      Delete
  2. Having worked at a nursing home before retiring.....I can tell you first hand....This is a very special thing you are doing. The residents are going to LOVE having you come and visit and make these cards. Your kind act of giving......will fill these residents with so much JOY! YOU GO GIRL and thank you for taking the time once a month to do this. You are giving unselfishly of your time and heart. BLESS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the cheer Kadie. We had fun with 5 resident's. One was so intrigued with my Big Shot Machine as I only took it with me to cut some ovals. I had three cards for them to create and they wanted a repeat of one of them. They were so cute and already looking forward to next month!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly