We are well into Week 2 of the Spring Edition at Create with Connie & Mary ? What a great time we've had in Week 1 of our edition plus the blog hop on Saturday. You can still sign up to view lots and lots of projects from the design team.
• Projects that can be completed in about 2 hours...perfect for classes and camps!
• Spring Collection 2015 runs January 18 - February 14
• Features Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalog Products
• 24 EXCLUSIVE 3D project and card set ideas
• Step-by-step downloadable PHOTO tutorials
• Only available to subscribers!
• Our Spring 2015 website will be available for up to a YEAR after the session is over!
• Demonstrators & Customers welcome!
For my card today I used the pirate image from the Hey, Valentine stamp set and....
.....what do you need for a pirate? A treasure chest of course so I made a card in the shape of a treasure chest! And look how cute this little guy is close-up:
I colored him with my Blendabilities Markers with lots of shading. Under the flap of the card I added a snippet of Silver Foil that was cut with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch and added an Antique Brad for the knob:
Did you notice that I stamped the sentiment separately from the pirate image? Although this one stamp it can be done!
I covered the pirate with Painter's Tape, inked up my stamp, removed the tape and stamp. The sentiment stamps solo by doing it this way and I was able to cut it out using the 1" Square Punch.
Here are my card measurements in case you would like to make a treasure chest:
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 9-1/2".
- Score at 3" & 7-1/4" and fold both flaps.
- Use the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch and punch through both layers of the shorter flap.
- Stamp the Hardwood stamp image on both flaps using Chocolate Chip Ink.
- Add Basic Black straps that are 1/2" wide (4 pieces).
- Add strap buckles using the Little Labels Punch Pack to cut out the small square first. Using the small square hole, place the Petite Curly Label Punch with the hole in the center and punch. This creates your buckle.
- Cut a piece of Silver Foil 2" x 1-1/2". Cut the top of the tag on the 2" side. Glue to the bottom flap under the top flap. Add and Antique Brad for the knob.
- Decorate your card as you like!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog