January 14, 2015

Create with Connie & Mary Preview!

Welcome to my "Preview Day" for the Spring Collection at Create with Connie & Mary. We are all in "Preview Mode" this week and we are all offering "Blog Candy" on our preview days. Make sure you check in so you know who's blog to visit!

So....what I am showing you today is how to use the "This Day Project Life Mini Card Collection". You may not be into Memory Keeping...no? So why not use the cards to make cards? And tags? Take a peek:


And if you sign up for our Spring Collection, you'll see even more projects that I made with this card collection during my first week of presentation. The images are so colorful and exciting to use. Let's see close-ups of what I made. I used the new Ornate Tag Topper Punch to cut my 2" wide tags using Tangerine Tango Cardstock:


I then stamped a few dots using the Best Day Ever stamp set and Tangerine Tango Ink. Then I started my layering. I added Tea Lace Doilies first. I then used the mini cards from the collection and cut circles using the 2" and 3/4" Circle Punches and layered by gluing them both with Stampin' Dimensionals. I then trimmed all three layers even with the cardstock.  I added Rhinestone Jewels and and ribbon from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack. So everything you see here except for the doilies, you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration, which is what our first week of our Spring Collection is all about!


Next, let's move on to the card. I decided to use another mini card from the collection to create a "Gate Fold" card. If you would like to make this card fold, you need a piece of cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and score at 2-1/8" on both ends and fold:


I used the corner punch on all of my layers. I layered Pool Party and the mini card onto my card base by first cutting the right size and then cutting them in half to add to each panel on the front. I then stamped the dots on the bottom to coordinate with my two tags and added a bow with the same ribbon. I glued the bow to one panel only so the card can open. I finished off my card by adding a sentiment and some Rhinestone Jewels!


Now all you need to do is add a comment at the bottom of my post for a chance to win a FREE subscription to our Spring Collection. You have 24 hours to leave a comment and I will then pick a winner!

 

We're getting ready to start our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015
• Featuring projects that can be completed in about 2 hours...perfect for classes and camps! 
• FREE Preview Week begins January 12-17 to see what we are all about. 
• Spring Collection 2015 runs January 18 - February 14 
• Features Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalog Products 
• 24 EXCLUSIVE 3D project and card set ideas 
• Step-by-step downloadable PHOTO tutorials
• Only available to subscribers!
• Our Spring 2015 website will be available for up to a YEAR after the session is over! 
• Demonstrators & Customers welcome! Create with Connie and Mary

Act now to get Spring Collection 2015 Early Bird Special!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

39 comments:

  1. WAUW.....what a wonderfull tags and card.
    The combination of papers with the Tangerine Tango...I would never have thought of it using it this way.
    Thank you for the inspiration ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! and even if you are into memory keeping, you probably won't use all the card in the collections for your scrapbooking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations! You always do such beautiful work, I'm so looking forward to this event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors-such a happy card to make and give. Your cards are always fabulous, thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card Debbie! These PL cards are so lovely and bright and cheerful. This card could be adapted for Mother's Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these projects. I may have to get some of these because I would use them to make cards. Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, Debbie! Your card is so spring! This PL life kit looks nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the ideas with the PL cards, this is adorable. Will be CASing these. Visit with you everyday and love your projects. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! I will be giving these a try. Thanks for all the inspiration you provide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love cards with different folds. This one is cheery and so pretty. Love the tags also. Thanks for a chance to win Blog Candy!!! Always love seeing different ideas. Gail Slagle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors, so bright, warm and inviting! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card! I love the colors. What a cool, alternate use for the PLxSU cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always show us very interesting things. Thanks for helping us to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous way to use those cards. I love the colors on the heart flower. Thanks for sharing ways to use the PL cards.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love to use project life products for card making. The heart card is a favorite out of this set. Thanks for these great ideas to add to my inspiration file.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute project!! Love the heart flower and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love your creativity and your daily posts

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZERS!!! I just added this to an order because I loved the colors, and thought I could make cards with it. Thanks so much for sharing what you did, because everything you make, as always, is just gorgeous! These are no exception. WOW! Just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, such happy spring colors & lovely designs!
    Thank you for sharing your creation!

    L.Yang

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely and bright collection, just a WOW collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The tags and card are so colorful and wowonderful. I love all the little derails

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these items! It makes me want to try to Project Life cards. These projects are bright and cheery and just what we need this time of year.

    I would love to win the subscription.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great use for my project life cards. I will be excited to try your gate fold card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Guess I know what I will be ordering as a free item after my next $50 purchase!! Love the heart in the split fold card! Thanks for sharing Debbie! Beth K. Mills

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful colored heart, so refreshing. Thanks for sharing and for the opportunity to win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable! Thanks for the inspiration for an alternate use of PL cards. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.




    ReplyDelete
  27. Just beautiful!!! I love all of your creations :)

    ReplyDelete

  28. What great ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So colorful and fun! Love digging into spring colors early. Makes you want to shout!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great ideas for the Project Life cards! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Debbie,

    Those are GORGEOUS!!! :) I haven't started memory keeping yet, but I'm going to have to give the Project Life items another look! ;) (I already buy the Project Life stamps.)

    Thank you so much for sharing and for the chance to win!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful card & equally cute gift tags, thanks for your inspiration!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your card Debbie. It's so bright and sunshiny. I need that since it's been so dull and rainy here for days. I would love to win the subscription. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a happy card! I guess I need to look into those Project Life cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card, Debbie!! Love the colors and the special fold. The doily makes the tags extra fancy, too. Anxious to see the other projects you created using the Project Life products. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card! The entire team is so talented & you provide so much inspiration. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is such a beautiful card! I love your color combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly