January 1, 2015

CCMC336

Happy New Year Everyone! I have a wonderful color challenge to show you today along with a brand new stamp set. Here is the color challenge from Create with Connie & Mary
 

And here is my card using the "Sheltering Tree" stamp set:


You are going to fall in love with this stamp set. I love it! As demonstrators we were able to purchase this in our pre-order which took place early in December and it will be available to everyone on January 6th. I really like how you stamp the trunk of the tree first and then add the leaves in whatever color your heart desires. I even added a swing, the sentiment and some grasses:


I also used some Candy Dots and colored them with my Blendabilities Markers. If you are out of a certain color of Candy Dots or don't have enough of one color on hand, use the light-colored ones and make them the color you want with the markers!

I added the sentiment at the bottom, somewhat into the grass and I really like how it looks. Visit my teammates at Create with Connie & Mary as I'm sure you'll see some more sneak peeks of new products coming near you soon!
 
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Sheltering Tree
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Blendabilities Markers, Memento Black
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Calypso Coral
  • Tools: Corner Round Punch
  • Accessories: Candy Dots 

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I love the direction you went with your card. I'm imagining it to be an apple tree with those 3 red candy dots strategically placed. Plus the swing. I love that swing!
    Happy New Year! I hope it is a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of spring...which I wish was closer to being here...it's been so cold! Great card! The candy dots do look like apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! I love this stamp set, the tree is just so pretty!! I love the swing you added, the card has so much life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Love how you used this stamp set! Can't wait to get mine and play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! So fresh and colorful; the candy dots are a great touch!! I have GOT to get mine out and put ink on it ... I love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this set and your pretty card! The candy dots are inspired! Great job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of coloring the candy dots - another fabulous trick to showcase the possibilities of the Blendabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this set - can't believe I haven't had the opportunity to ink mine up yet. Your card looks lovely in this colour combo. Great tip on colouring candy dots too; I colour all kinds of things with my Blendabilities but never thought to do this; it would seriously help my shortage of red ones, so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!