October 14, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Box Die Pilgrim!

Good Morning Stampers! We are into Week 1 of our Create with Connie & Mary Holiday Collection this week and I've had so much fun with the projects I have come up with for our subscribers. You too can join in at any time to view all of our projects and ideas. You won't be disappointed.... I promise! You can still sign up!


Now let's move on to today's project. I wanted to use my Curvy Keepsake Box Die to create something different for Thanksgiving. Do you like?

 
Doesn't my little pilgrim make you smile? I hand-cut the hat and used my Extra-Large Oval Punch on the very bottom of the brim to shape the hat so it would fit on top of his head. For the hair, I used a piece of Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock which started out as a rectangle, cut with the box die and then hand cut the bangs and side burns by cutting off a square chunk in the center and made a few triangular snips for the bangs. For the eyes I used the Owl Punch and a White Signo Pen to draw in the pupils. The mouth is hand-drawn and I added the cheeks with a Sponge Dauber. He was quite fun and easily created!

Only one thing I would do differently if I made another of these. I glued the hat to the handle so you can't use the box for goodies. I thought afterwards that I could have glued a strip of cardstock on the back, leaving the center unglued and large enough for the handle to slid inside and out. Like a pocket for the handle. Hope that makes sense to you!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 

Project Supplies:


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, how adorable is this little Pilgrim box!! what a great way to dress up your Thanksgiving table.
    Love it, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! This die has moved up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your creative juices are really rolling - or flowing...love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!