October 10, 2014

Create with Connie & Mary Preview Project!

So glad you are visiting today as I have something special to show you! All week we have had Preview projects for our upcoming Holiday Collection at Create with Connie & Mary. We will have the neatest projects to show you for four whole weeks. Projects for the holidays, projects for classes and projects for all of your Christmas needs!

 
 
It's my turn today to show you a Preview project and I am also offering blog candy at the end of my post. All you have to do is leave me a comment and I'll be choosing a winner tomorrow morning. You will have a chance at winning a FREE subscription to our Holiday Collection!
So here is my Preview project:
 

The "Santa Stache" stamp set is one of my favorites in the Holiday Catalog because it reminds me of my 27 year old son Greg. He sports a wicked "Stache" and has even entered "Stache Contests" where he lives in Portland Maine. He won 2nd place two years in a row. And yes, he has those curly "handlebars" on each end just for fun. I guess "Staches" are in right now, oh boy!

I used my Smoky Slate Blendabilities Markers to highlight the stache, beard and Santa hat and I also colored the hat with my Cherry Cobbler Blendies. Notice how I cut the beard using an Exacto knife so that I could slide the ribbon under the beard?

 
The Skin Tone Blendies work so perfectly for Santa's face also. I hope you like my card for today and I welcome you to leave me a comment for a chance to win! Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
Card Supplies:



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

29 comments:

  1. A very cute card! Even though I am not a fan of this set and don't understand the whole "stache" thing going on. Still you have created a great card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me smile! I bought this stamp set because of the nutcracker but now I just may use the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used the smoky slate to accent his stache. Great card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable. I am slowly getting to love this stamp. Love the coloring you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this stamp set is growing on me! the more I see the more I think I "need" it. thank you for sharing! very nice Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you all your ideas and gracious sharing, this card is adorable.
    Have to say didn't think much of the set, but the more I see it used, it's growing on me.
    Have a joy filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Debbie...love the different panels behind Santa! I'm ready to play with mine! So happy to have you on our Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY cute card, Debbie! That stache is very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice!! I love the way you colored Santa's face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you have highlighted the DSP on the card and Santa is sure looking quite Dapper!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! You did an amazing job at coloring with the blendabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw your card I wanted to sing "These are a few of my favorite things"! I think warm mitten look of the paper, or maybe I can hear sleigh bells in the background! Anyway, fun card-definitely one of my favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card! You are so creative. I wish I could just do a quarter of what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stache! I'm very partial to them! Husband has had one for most of our 45 yr married life! Not sure I would know him without it now. :-) it's all good!
    Can't wait for your drawing tomorrow. Hope you pick me! LoL! This is true but I know that whoever wins is going to be a very happy person. Keep up the good work. You always surprise us and keep us informed and entertained.
    Paula Poindexter
    paulapoindexter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this set and love this card! I really enjoy your blog. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! My husband has a mustache, but It"s not all curliqued. Still this Santa reminds me of him!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Santa and your coloring. And I really like the mix of dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card; love the layout and how you included the ribbon. Great job with the exacto knife! I just got the set, so I really appreciate the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, I love anything with a Santa on it so your card is on my love list. Our son has gone to the shaved head as he lives in Honolulu and he said he is much cooler with it; next on his bucket list is to see how he looks with a stache.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great use of the blendabilities also the tip on the ribbon. This stamp set is not one of my favorites but love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful paper choices to go with Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great shading using the blendabilities! Beautiful card. Look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card and great job coloring! I like how you did the ribbon under the beard, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of my most FAVE stamp sets and die. Just makes me smile with that stache!!! Love all the layering and the gorgeous DSP colors. Thanks for sharing with us! Lynn Gauthier

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!