I've been playing again, yup and guess what, I'll show you how to play along if you want to! I saw a card on Pinterest that showed the "Bokeh Technique". They used Vellum as the bokeh dots and I wanted to give it a try on my own. This is what the bokeh using vellum cardstock looks like:
And a close-up photo:
See how neat the vellum cardstock looks with the color peeking through? Let's get started. If you would like to create a similar card to mine, you will need the "Work of Art" stamp set and 3 colors of ink:
I used Coastal Cabana, So Saffron and Crisp Cantaloupe for my ink colors. Ink the swirly stamp image and stamp as shown on Whisper White Cardstock. My cardstock piece measures 4 3/4" x 3 1/2":
Cut circles using Vellum Cardstock. I used the 1/2", 3/4" and 1" Circle punches and cut out 4 of each size:
Using the Adhesive Sheets, cut out a piece large enough to hold all of the vellum circles. The adhesive sheets I am using are from last year. We have a new product that works the same that I will list at the bottom of my post:
Place the vellum circles on the sticky side by peeling the top layer:
Place the backing back in place over the circles and rub your Bone Folder over the top:
Now you can peel & stick all of your vellum circles to your stamped layer. I overlapped some of them:
Here are the layers I used:
- Card base: Coastal Cabana 11" x 4 1/4". Score in the center at 5 1/2" and fold. Round all four corners using the Envelope Punch Board.
- Layer #2: So Saffron Cardstock 5 1/4" x 4". Round all four corners with the Envelope Punch Board and glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Crisp Cantaloupe 5" x 3 3/4". Round all four corners with the Envelope Punch Board and glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 4 3/4" x 3 1/2". Round all four corners with the Envelope Punch Board. Follow the steps above for stamping and vellum. Wrap the Baker's Twine around the bottom 3 times. Glue to card base. Add Rhinestone Jewels as shown.
- Banner: 4" x 1/2". Stamp the sentiment from the Good Greetings stamp set using Coastal Cabana Inkand glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.