August 25, 2014

Merry Monday #123!

Have you been joining us each week at Merry Monday? If not, now's the time as Christmas is fast approaching and if you add a card each and every Monday, you'll have a great head-start. This week we have Bonnie as our hostess and she wanted us to add a wreath to our card:


I've had on my bucket list a layered wreath using the Daydream Medallions Stamp Set and I've finally created one:


Do you like the way I stamped the sentiment vertically? I really like the way my layered wreath turned out. The first layer is stamped directly on my Whisper White Cardstock. The 2nd layer was stamped on a separate cardstock piece and cut with the Floral Frames Framelits Dies. I glued it in place using Stampin' Dimensionals and added Red Glimmer Paper stars to the inside edge:

 
I completed the wreath by adding a 5-looped bow and some Pearl Jewels. I hope you plan on playing this week and visiting my teammates on the Merry Monday blog!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
Sentiment: Retired


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. What a clever and pretty wreath, Debbie and those sparkly red stars are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Debbie! I've done just a stamped wreath with the Daydream Medallions on a birthday card but a Christmas wreath using the Floral Framelit and Red Glimmer stars takes it over the top. Beautiful!
    Giving it a second look, is the sentiment stamp inked with anything other than the Cherry Cobbler stamp pad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct Lucy, the sentiment is Cherry Cobbler Ink. Thanks so much for you comment!

      Delete
  3. Oh Debbie, I have this beautiful stamps and dies and I really don't use it enough. You just gave me a great push to get them inked up and start making cards. I'm CASEing this gorgeous Christmas card, that I imagine wont take to long to finish. Thank you for sharing/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria and yes, very quick to complete and fun!

      Delete
  4. Love this Debbie. Been wanting to give this wreath a try. Your card gives me the little push I need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made a wonderful wreath with the Medallions! Love those glimmery stars and the pretty bow! Hope you have a creative week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! The red glimmer stars really pop...great idea to use this stamp set!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wreath with lot of wonderful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never would have thought of a wreath from that medallion stamp but it's brilliant! I love all the layers and the sparkly stars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever to use that stamp set to make a wreath! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty, Debbie! Your card is so bright and festive!! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Debbie, I love your pretty wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the added twine - so pretty!~!!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your creative & beautiful layered wreath, Debbie! Pinning this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly