August 15, 2014

Hey There Buds!

Hi Everyone, I hope your week is going well so far. I had surgery on my left foot yesterday so this post has been pre-scheduled "just in case". All of my years of working in office settings and wearing high heels caught up to me. I had some nerves that were causing me pain off and on and in order to rid the pain, two nerves were cut and removed, thus omitting the pain and my foot will be numb between my 2nd and 3rd toes. I will be on crutches for 3 weeks and the total recuperation is six weeks. Maybe I'll get lots of stamping in!

Today's card is from a single stamp called "Hey There Buds". I embossed the stamped image with "Crushed Curry Embossing Powder":


Once my embossing was completed, I used my "Blendabilities Markers" to color the white spaces and then cut the shape using the "Window Frames Framelits Dies". I also used the "Label Bracket Punch" to punch each corners of my layers.


Do you see the pretty "Organza Ribbon" below? I also colored the ribbon with my "Blendabilities Markers". This ribbon just pulls the color right in and comes out so beautifully:

 
  Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. STUNNING!!! I had to click through from Pinterest to find out how you did this!...GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, the Blendabilities Markers word on more than just paper!

      Delete
  2. Oh Debbie, first of all, I hope you recover soon, I can't imagine the pain you were suffering, take it easy, ok? Here go some healing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~for you!!
    I love what you did with the stamp, it looks so gorgeous heat embossed in this luscious color, the centers colored with the markers are a fabulous detail. But I love, LOVE the way you tinted the ribbon, it's truly amazing, how did you do that??!!!
    Thank you for sharing and again, speedy recovery wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! All you do is lay your ribbon flat on a scrap piece of paper and run your Blendabilities Marker all the way across until the ribbon is all covered. It dries fast enough that you can use it almost immediately. I've also used my markers on Seam Binding Ribbon and it works just as well. If you have the Organza Ribbon and White Seam Binding Ribbon, you can coordinate any of the Blendabilities Markers to your projects!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly