August 29, 2014

A Note Card and Homemade Embellishment!

First off for today, don't forget to visit Create with Connie & Mary today as Natasha Zandbergen & Deb Currier's projects will be on the blog. They are both showing you a Preview Project for our Holiday Card "Create"tions starting in just a few more days. You can still subscribe by visiting Create with Connie & Mary!

 
I would also like to welcome Anne Nobrega and Sandy Boutilier to my team. They both took advantage of the great sign up promotion that Stampin' Up! ran for a week. Thanks for joining my team girls!

I have sooooo much to show you with today's project that I don't know where to start! First off, here is the card I made using a brand new Stampin' Up! stamp set called Holiday Home and we have the coordinating Homemade Holiday Framelits Dies that cut all of the house shapes out for you:


I decided not to use a sentiment on this card as one could be added later or this can be used as a note card. Do you notice any other items on my card that don't look familiar? How about the ribbon? Isn't it pretty? I colored it with my Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Marker. Turn the Whisper White Satin Ribbon into any color of the Blendies.

Next I have homemade Blendabilities Hot Glue Dots. I am so excited over these...so excited that I have a tutorial for you on how to make them. Take a close-up peek of my dots below:


I just love them! We learned how to make these back in July at the annual Stampin' Up! Convention:


And here's a close-up of my Blendies Ribbon:


Okay, are you ready to create some Blendies Hot Glue Dots? You will need the following supplies to create them:
  • High Temp Hot Glue Gun
  • Blendabilities Markers
  • Silcone Mat

Using your Blendabilities Marker, color a small spot on your Silicone Mat. I added about 3 layers of color:


Using your hot glue gun, add a dot over the colored marker area:


I just kind of held my glue gun close to the silicone mat and turned the glue gun tip in a circular motion to make it nice and round and then pull up. You may get a string of glue but it will pull right off when cooled down. While the dot of glue is hot, I also quickly take my silicone mat in my hands, keeping it flat, raise it above my work area a few inches, and let it drop down on my work area. It seems to help shape the dots to make them round. Here's a few more colors I made:


And they just peel right off of the mat:

 
I used a small dot of Tombow Multipurpose Glue to glue the dots to my card. Oh and you can clean off your silicone mat using Rubbing Alcohol! Here are the supplies I used on my card for today:
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. well...now...ain't that just AWESOME?! Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! That's definitely one of those "now why didn't I think of that?" kind of things. TFS! I also just signed up for the Holiday Cards 2014. Really cute cards!! I'm super excited to share these with my club!

    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie for sharing how to make the glue dots, I have seen them on different things and wondered if I could make them. Well now I can thanks to you, Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!