July 18, 2014

Rubber Guts!

Are you one of those people that like to hang on to things? I do sometimes. I'm not a hoarder of any sorts as I don't like clutter but today's card shows you something that I kept...just in case:


Notice the large circles on my card? Those are not actual stamps you can order. No. Where did I get the circle shape? If you've purchased the Chalk Talk Stamp Set, notice the stamp that I have sitting near the stamp case below? On the inside of that stamp image is said circle. When you receive the wood mount stamps, they come un-assembled. When I popped out all of the shapes from the rubber, I threw away all the rubber guts except for this round circle. I've had it laying on my stamp counter for almost a year now...really!

So just the other day I pulled it out:


I peeled the rubber off from the foam backing as this backing does not stick to clear blocks. I then took the rubber circle and traced it on my "Clear Mount Cling Foam":


I cut out the foam shape and glued my rubber circle to it and then peeled the backing off of the foam and smacked it on a clear block. For you that purchased the Clear Mount set, you are all set and good to go! No need to go through the above step.


Because the circle stamp is all flat rubber, I lightly sanded it in preparation for stamping:

And away I went with four colors of inks: Hello Honey, Coastal Cabana ,Wisteria Wonder and Baked Brown Sugar. I stamped some of the circles without re-inking so they are a shade lighter:
The smaller circles are from the Work of Art Stamp Set. The hearts from Groovy Love and the sentiment from Something to Say:

 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Clever indeed Debbie!! these circles are perfect so why throw them away? Lovely card, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR CARD.....so have to get that fab heart set! Yes, we have a few other sets (at least I do) that have an extra 'holding' piece...great idea to put them to use...your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!