My favorite color is blue so I love this hue. I also love to garden as I have 8 flower gardens on our property that keep me quite busy. Here is a close-up of one of the flower bunches:
And now for my card that I created for you today using "Punch Art" to create a hydrangea. I used the "Petite Petals Flower Punch":
I added "Pearl Jewels" in the center of each flower:
And I embossed all of my leaves with the "Perfect Polka Dot" embossing folder:
Here are the steps to creating the flower:
Cut out 18 flowers using the "Petite Petals Punch" and "Soft Sky Cardstock". Sponge all the edges on both sides of each flower with a "Sponge Dauber" and "Soft Sky Ink".
Use a large stylus (mine is non-SU!) and start rolling the stylus over each petal by pushing down and rolling. Use a Stampin' Pierce Mat under each flower as you shape it, to give the cardstock more "push".
Now position the stylus in the center of the flower and again, push and roll only in the center this time:
Push & roll:
Push & roll. As you keep doing this, the flower will become smaller and tighter and will actually turn in a full circle as you push & roll:
Now glue them all to your card front and add a small Pearl Jewel to the center of each flower:
Here are the steps to my card:
- Card base: Whisper White Cardstock 4 1/4" x 11". Score in the center at 5 1/2" and fold. Stamp the card base with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Pool Party Ink.
- Add a layer of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock cut with the Hexagon Hive Framelits Die to card front.
- Cut 3 leaves using Old Olive Cardstock and the Autumn Accents Die. Emboss all 3 leaves using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Glue your hydrangea flowers in place
- Add the sentiment by using the stamp set Good Greetings and Pool Party Ink. Cut out with the Modern Label Punch and glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.