July 21, 2014

Merry Monday #118!

Welcome to Monday and a new challenge at Merry Monday! Lori is our hostess this week and she wanted us to use ribbon & buttons on our projects:


I'm not usually one to use buttons on my cards very often so this was a little bit of a challenge for me. In the end I finally decided to thread some Baker's Twine through some buttons and lined them up in a vertical row. I also added a double bow made with Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon at the top:


I added a Mini Glue Dot in the back of each button to make sure they all stayed straight and intact. I also added a double layer of a Christmas sentiment cut with the Ticket Punch:



I promise you'll see wonderful and fabulous inspiration today at Merry Monday. I have teammates that always oooh and aaah me each week with their projects so I'm sure you will be too! Come join us with your project!

Supplies:

Embossing Folder (non-SU!), Designer Buttons (retired)

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

17 comments:

  1. A great use of buttons Debbie! Beautiful card!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled a bit with using buttons on my card too since I don't use them very often. I love how you lined up the pretty buttons and added the beautiful Cherry Cobbler bow to the top! And that musical note embossing under it all just makes this perfect! Hope you had a fun time at Convention and are having a super vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love those buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo in love with the musical EF....think I have one as well! Love what you did with the buttons and the beautiful bow...very fun and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, your card is so impressive! I really love green and red combo, a line of the buttons topped with a bow, musical background and tiny tags are so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design, Debbie! Love that string of buttons and embossed background! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Debbie, I love all that background texture and your beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! What a FABulous design Debbie..
    LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this row of buttons and the pretty bow atop! Very nice design, Debbie! Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layout on this card, Debbie! The vertical row of buttons with the gorgeous bow on top looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGOSH Debbie...this card is amazing! Totally LOVE what you did with the buttons/twine (I'm stealing this idea, by the way! lol) Pretty bow on top of the dangling buttons and that embossed folder is perfect! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the buttons, love the tags, love the bow, love the background! This card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the alternating colours in your row of button, the embossed background and your double sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great design...very creative way to use the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This rocks! Love how you used buttons and ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this card! I wanted to make a row of buttons, but couldn't come up with a card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!