July 16, 2014

Another Word Art!

Well, as you read my post today, Dave and I will be traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah to my first Stampin' Up! Convention! I can't wait to meet some demonstrators on my team plus all the demonstrator friends that I've made throughout my five years as a demo. I will still be posting daily as I've gotten some posts ready ahead of time for you. I am going to try to take pictures while at convention and post here using my iPhone also. We'll see how that goes.

So as promised yesterday, you saw my first "Word Art" card and today I have another new one to show you all:


For this one, I've seen cards where you use a die to cut out a word and then cut it out a 2nd time using a different color of cardstock. In this case I cut out the word "thankful" by using "Water Color Paper". I glued my water color paper to a "Bermuda Bay Cardstock" base. You have to make sure you keep all the little pieces and guts that go into all the loops of each letter to glue them back in later. I then cut the word out a 2nd time using "Real Red Carstock" and glued the word inside the word hole:


It's kind of neat how you glue all the little paper guts back in place in the holes. Next I used a pencil to make my word art but unlike yesterday's card, I made the lines all meet in the center to sort of resemble rays. I then used my "Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Markers" to color my lines going from dark to light.

To finish off my card, I used a "Spritzer" concoction by mixing rubbing alcohol with "Coastal Cabana Ink Refill" drops, about 10 drops, and spritzed the background:

 
I love the look of this technique. It really is fun to drum up different ways of using it. I hope you contemplate trying it out!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Have fun at Convention!!! I went last year and just loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! Have a wonderful time at the convention!

    I have to say that I love the look of this card very much. The rays are my favorite part. However, I would never take the time to cut out all the loops and centers to the letters. You are way too patient! I would be insane in about 30 seconds time.

    Please keep showing us new and exciting things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are wonderful! I love this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!