July 8, 2014

A "Bendy" Card!

When focusing on my Stampin' Up! business, I sometimes don't get a chance to use other tools that I've purchased. When I joined the paper-crafting world over 20 years ago I started out with learning scrapbooking. It took me a few years to finish up all the photo's I had on hand. Hour upon hour was spent sorting them all out by holidays, themes, birthdays, baby, wedding....lots of hours. I remember not having a room set aside for paper-crafting as I had two small children at the time and so I took a small corner in the bedroom and set up a card table with boxes of supplies sitting on the floor. So funny! I've come a long way since then.

One of the tools that I recently purchased is an eCutter that actually sat in the box for six months before I found the time to play with. That's where the shape of this card comes from. It's called a "Bendy Card":


When you cut this card shape, the card has little cut lines that you insert the ends of your cardstock into so that the card bends and sticks out in 3D fashion:


 
Pretty neat huh? I stamped the fence with a woodgrain stamp and then added flowers to decorate in front of and behind the fence when the card is assembled. Another great thing about my eCutter is that I can stamp my images, scan the sheet of cardstock in my scanner and save the images as an SVG file and the machine does all the fussy-cutting for me with the Print & Cut feature! How awesome is that!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This type of good tale.. Sophie all of us adore your projects, that usually help remind all of us to determine daily points along with various look at!

    buy fifa 14 ultimate team coins
    Cheap LOL Boosting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!