July 6, 2014

6-Sided Envelope Punch Board Hexagon Box!

If I haven't convinced you to purchase the Stampin' Up! Envelope Punch Board yet, I will today. If you missed some of my earlier posts, all of the projects I've shown you so far with tutorials can be found here:

Envelope Punch Board Projects

Today I have a 6-Sided Hexagon Box:


I saw a similar tutorial on Split Coast Stampers using a different tool and thought I would improvise to fit our tool. I love how the top looks like a six legged star when the ribbon is tied around the top to secure:


Grab your board and let's begin!

Step 1:


You will need a piece of designer paper measuring 11" x 6". Using your Simply Scored Scoring Tool, place your designer paper on the long side and score at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 5 1/4", 7", 8 3/4" and 10 1/2". On the short side, score at 1 3/4" and 4 1/4". Fold on all score lines with your Bone Folder.

Step 2:


Place your designer paper in your Envelope Score Board with the long side along the edge and with the 1 3/4" score line at the left as seen in the photo. Using the 1 3/4" space, center the cutting part of your score board as show and press down to punch. Next you will fold your designer paper on the next score line that is horizontal and keeping it folded, place on your score board and punch again. Unfold your designer paper and this is what your paper should look like at this point:


Step 3:


Continue with Step 2 until all score lines have been folded, punched and unfolded. You should now have all folds punched as shown above.

Step 4:


Now move down to the bottom score lines and snip on each score line to create tabs.

Step 5:


Using your Paper Snips, remove the smallest tab on the end as shown above. Add Sticky Strip as shown.

Step 6:


Remove Sticky Strip backing and glue the sides together to form your box.

Step 7:


Flip the box upside-down and glue two of the tabs opposite each other as shown.

Step 8:


Continue to glue tabs opposite each other until all of the tabs have been glued:


Step 9:


Cut a circle using the designer paper and the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. Glue to the bottom of your box. Decorate the box as you like:


Step 10:


Tie a piece of ribbon around the top of the box and tighten slowly until the top starts to push towards the inside. Tie ribbon into a bow:


Now have I convinced you? Click on my online store below to hurry and purchase the Envelope Punch Board, I dare you!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Adorable box, great hostess gift to peek some interest in the board.
    Thanks for figuring it out and sharing.
    Have a joy filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Debbie. Thank you so much for sharing your instructions. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever creation and sweet little box! I can see lots of uses for this design! Thanks for sharing the directions with great pictures (for the visual learners like me, lol!) You are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a gorgeous box...and big thanks for sharing your tutorial~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful container! I know I'll be making these for Christmas gifts!! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Debbie, Love these boxes, Thanks so much for the great tutorial. I have made quite a few, and thought you might like to know that I won the CASEing the Catty challenge using your design! Thrilling! cheers, Liz
    Lillybet's Papers February25, 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that is awesome Liz! So glad you liked it and so glad you won!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!