June 27, 2014

Puffy Quilt Technique!

Good Morning! I have a super technique to show you on a baby card today. I call it the "Puffy Quilt Technique". Here is my card:


Do you like how the background looks like a baby quilt?


It's an illusion created by using Ink, a Sponge Dauber and your Diagonal Scoring Plate:


Here's how I completed the background. I used Very Vanilla Cardstock measuring 3 3/4" x 5". Start out by scoring at every 1" interval by first placing your cardstock piece horizontally on your Diagonal Scoring Plate and then rotating the cardstock vertically. The end result should look like this:


You will now place your cardstock piece with the scored "bumps" facing the underside. Using a scrap piece of copy paper, place it on one of the score lines. Using a Sponge Dauber and Ink (I used Blushing Bride), very very very lightly, sponge the ink along the copy paper's edge:


Move down one line at a time with your copy paper until you have inked all of the lines in one direction:


Rotate your cardstock piece and repeat on the lines going in the opposite direction:


When you have finished sponging both the vertical and horizontal diagonal lines, this is what your background should look like:

 
The key is to very very lightly add ink to your sponge and very very very lightly sponge the color on without applying too much pressure!
All of the supplies I used today are listed below. The link to my online store is also at the bottom of my post to shop 24/7. I would love to welcome you as a customer! You'll get a free card kit in the mail each month each time you place an order with me!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo fabulous - love the little hanging stars....could also see tiny flowers inside of the diamonds....wonderful idea and thank you for sharing your cleverness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!