June 23, 2014

Merry Monday #114!

You are going to love Katie's Challenge for this week at Merry Monday. What's not to like about Sparkle, Shimmer and Shine! Take a peek:


I used lots of different things for my sparkle, shimmer and shine. Can you spot them all?


I decided to try an idea for an easel card which opens and sits like this:


I used a disposable battery-operated candle light to illuminate the tree embossed on Vellum Cardstock:


You'll also notice Rhinestone Jewels and Silver Glimmer Paper on my card:


If you are wondering how I created my card, the pieces below are what I cut with my Big Shot Machine. I cut the Deco Labels Framelits shape by keeping the fold intact at the top. I then added the next size smaller Deco Label on one end and lined up my cutting pad over the label & cardstock only up to the center of it and cut. By doing this, the portion covered with the cutting pad is what gets cut. The remainder doesn't because the cutting pad is not covering it. I then used a ruler to cut a straight line and removed the inside portion:


This is what my card looks like with the candle turned off:


And with the candle turned on. It looks awesome in the dark also:


I hope you enjoyed my card for today as I had a blast creating it. Make sure you visit our team of Merry Makers as I'm sure the ideas and inspiration will wow you!

  Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

17 comments:

  1. Debbie, thank you for sharing this design. This will be a perfect card/decoration to share with my mother and her friends at the nursing home. It is small enough to sit on the bedside table and pretty enough to be left there during the season. It is also safe since it is a battery operated tea light. Thank you. Now I need to get busy making some before I lose the directions I just printed. Thank you so much for those, too. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is kind of a repeat of the previous comment ..... my first thought was how nice this card would be for my mom at the nursing home since it can be left out as a decoration too! lol I had something else planned but I think this just took it's place!
    by the way, nice pic you posted of you! Nice to see you smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just above and beyond! A totally gorgeous card and decor item!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever. I have seen things similar to this and wondered how they were done. Are the overall measurements a standard sized card when shut? Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a great way to sparkle and shine! Love this! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is a stunner, Debbie. Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SUPER impressed!!!! You pulled of an EXCELLENT awesome card that is interactive, my boy would be playing with the tea light all day!!! So Cool, such a great idea, thanks for sharing it...!!! COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome project! I absolutely love the warmth coming through the vellum. Thanks so much for sharing, super creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Project Debbie, I love al the fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous and unique card. I love it. Thank you for sharing the deets. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. A card and a gift all in one! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your card ...what a neat idea ...thank you so much for sharing your ideas . Some one will love this card when they get it a keepsake forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! What a thoughtfully made work of art! It must have taken you hours. I love all your little bits of sparkle. I'm definitely pinning to try later :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome idea, Debbie! I've admired this since you first posted to the blog! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creative Christmas card and 3D project Debbie, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!