June 9, 2014

Merry Monday #112!

Ho-Ho-Ho, oh what fun you'll have today if you come play our Christmas card challenge at Merry Monday.Why the fun? Because all you need on your card this week is a "Santa Hat"!


I didn't really have any appropriate stamps so I decided to make my own hat and to make it the focal point of my card:


Very easily done using the retired Perfects Pennants Die. The triangular shape was perfect. All I had to do was cut, score diagonally and fold. I also added a 3/4" strip of white cardstock that I embossed with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and rounded the ends with a circle punch:


I used a red Permanent marker to color some Pearl Jewels and added the sentiment from the More Merry Messages at the bottom. I finished off my card by adding a Very Vintage Designer Button and some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine:


My teammates have created some awesome cards for you this week. Make sure you visit Merry Monday to take a peek!

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. I love your hand made Santa hat - how creative!!!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative way to make your Santa hat! It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever, Debbie! Love this big Santa hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super hat, so glad you did a few close ups so I could really see the embossing detail, COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job, Debbie....very smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet Santa Hat, Debbie :) your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card, Debbie! Love how you used the pennant die - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever, Debbie! The embossed brim is a really great touch! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Debbie, I love this design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!