June 15, 2014

Jeans?

An oldie but goodie for you today. This "Denim" background stamp is old, yup, real old. I was organizing some of my stamps a few weeks ago and came across this one that I had actually purchased from someone. I purchased it as a used stamp not too long ago. I love background stamps and usually hang on to all of them even after they retire. I thought I would use it to create a "Jean's Card":


Isn't it awesome? I used to wear the orange tag Levi's back in high school and I even remember wearing the red tagged jeans also. In a slimmer size of course. I stamped two pieces of cardstock and created the stitched lines on the edge of one with my Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker along with some sponging and also sponged on the edge of the 2nd piece. I then overlapped them and glued them together. The orange tabs sports the sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set:

 
Do you like the faux leatherish layer above? I actually created that piece using white fun foam and sponged Soft Suede Ink and then stamped the sentiment. Did you know the foam works in the Big Shot Machine with the framelits? I added 4 Mini Brads to each corner! I hope you enjoyed my card for today even if this background stamp is no longer available. Maybe something similar will debut again some time, one never knows!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how this stamp actually stamps like denim. Wish SU! brought it back! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Love this card! What color did you use for the jeans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Goldie, I used Marina Mist Cardstock and Marina Mist Ink. The sponging was done with Marina Mist and Kraft White Inks. Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Yes, jeans.....looks just like the seam near the pockets...great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! Your jeans look fantastic and thanks for the tip on using fun foam! We have quite a bit of that left from the girls' art projects, and now I know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!