June 24, 2014

Envelope Punch Board Tab Tie Box!

If you don't have one of Stampin' Up!'s Envelope Punch Boards yet, this was everything we made in my Punch Board Class a few weeks ago and I'll have more tutorials to show you later:


Here is the post that shows you close-up pictures: HERE  and a tutorial on how to create the camera card: HERE and the bows HERE.

Okay, let's move on to the tutorial for the today's box.



Step 1:


You will need one piece of designer paper measuring 6" x 6". Using your Envelope Punch Board, move the paper to the 2" mark as shown above. Punch and score. Now slide the paper over to the 4" mark as shown below, punch and score:

 
Repeat for all 4 sides. Fold your designer paper on all score lines. This is what your designer paper should look like at this point as shown below:


Using a hand-held punch or something similar, punch each corner as shown below:


Once all 4 of your holes are punched, round the corners with your Envelope Punch Board:


Lay down your designer paper and using two opposite corners and your Paper Snips, snip the two score lines on each corner to create tabs as shown below. You only need to cut to the first score line:


And adhesive to your 4 tabs and fold and glue your box to create the sides:


You now have a four-sided box:


Using ribbon, thread the ribbon into and "S" shape through the holes as shown below:


Gently pull on the ribbon until you can tighten the flaps in a closed position and tie into a bow. I added a tag to my ribbon before I tied off:


How simple, inexpensive and quick! This would make a nice little box for baby shower's, weddings, and birthday parties!



Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the box tutorial. I love making these little items to have on hand for thinking of you gifts and treats. The Envelope Punch Board is a must have, so many ways to utilize it.
    Have a joy filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I'm going to have to make one of these for sure. Again, thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!!!!! plus beautiful, this envelope punch board is getting to me Debbie, thanks to you, sheeesh! you are a fabulous enabler, I really want to get it now. At first all I saw was a tool to make envelopes and I thought ''well, I have my own envelopes so, I don't need it'' but now, you've showed us how to make bows and little boxes, how amazing is that.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! So darn cute...gonna case this for sure...Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful box...thanks for sharing Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I can certainly recommend the envelope punch board for a no of different projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!