June 10, 2014

Double Diamond Fold Card!

I so love the card I am showing you today. It's called a "Double Diamond Fold" and is fun to create. It also folds flat for mailing:


If you would like to try this, here are the steps for you!

Step 1:


Cut a cardstock piece measuring 9" x 4". On the short side, score at 2". On the long side, score at 2", flip and score on 2" again. Your cardstock should look like the photo above.

Step 2:


Now we need to add 4 diagonal lines. Using a ruler, measure 1 1/2" from each score line at the very top edge of your cardstock and moving towards the center from each score line and add a pencil mark. Using your ruler and your score board, score from your pencil mark to the 2" score line. You should have a diamond shape in the center that looks like the photo below when all 4 score lines are made:


Step 3:


This part is a little tricky and takes a little bit of patience. Fold on all vertical and horizontal score lines. Next, fold the diagonal score lines and using both hands, start pushing the cardstock piece as shown above so the card takes shape. You kind of have to fold the two short sides and pinch the center to make it work. This is what the card looks like from above:


Decorate to your liking:


My layers are as follows:
  • 5 squares measuring 2" x 2"
  • 5 squares measuring 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
  • 1 square measuring 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
The square in the center of the card is glued diagonally with a little glue on the bottom tip only:


I will be creating more cards with this fold. It was awesome to use and play with. Hope you will give it a try!

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Very clever and I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fold! Will CASE this one for one of my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie--this card is fabulous. Thanks so much--Now I have to go try and see if I can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I thought I would need a video tutorial. ... but I copied your instruction and wow I did it! Proper pleased with myself. And it's all thanks to you Debbie. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I thought I would need a video tutorial. ... but I copied your instruction and wow I did it! Proper pleased with myself. And it's all thanks to you Debbie. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!