May 4, 2014

Zoo Babies!

Today I am coming home from being away for 4 days at a CK Scrapbooking Convention in Manchester New Hampshire. I'm hoping that I will have taken home some new ideas and new techniques and of course some new supplies. All 5 of us that traveled together made sure we printed coupons online for the big box craft stores as we don't have the pleasure of having them near us where I am from. So we will have shopped til we dropped I'm sure. Although I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I scrapbook also so new items are always welcomed in my stamp room!

Today I have for you a pull-out gift card using the Envelopes Liner Framelits Dies:


I wanted to have one on hand for a last minute baby shower or baby congrats. I had it in my head that I really wanted to use my Fringe Scissors to create grass and to fill the grass with my Zoo Babies stamp set images. I totally LOVE the way it came out!


I used the smaller sized framelit to create a slide in pocket for a gift card. All you do is cut two of them, fold one flap over and glue the sides together. The card that holds the card holder is made in the same manner:

 
All of the Zoo Babies images are stamped and hand-cut.....I know, I know, a lot of you hate to fussy-cut but I happen to love it. It is so relaxing to just sit there and cut! I hope you enjoyed my card for today! Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 Retired: Basic Gray 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Decorative Stripes Embossing Folder

 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Super idea for making a gift card and holder! The cute card will be treasured by the new mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, how adorable is this card!! I too think the new mom will forever keep it.
    Well, I'm not a fan of fuzzy cutting, I've done it a few times but I just wish there was a set of dies or punches for each stamp set, specially if you want to mass produce something as cute and beautiful like this!!! I can see this card as an invitation for a Baby Shower, don't you think? but I can't imagine having to cut 40 or 50 of each little zoo baby, my eyes would go numb, LOL!!
    Thank you for sharing this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that certainly would be a lot of cutting Maria. Glad you enjoyed the card. The dies seem to be available for more sets now so maybe in the future! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This is adorable...love all of the colors, layers and of course the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beyond cute!!! Bravo on all that hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!