May 25, 2014

Watercolored Embossing!

This one is for Sue...Hi Sue! Sue is one of my very committed Downline and she recently sent me a photo of a card she found on Pinterest and wanted to know how to create it. I should have saved a photo of the picture Sue sent me to show you. The card was embossed with color.....so here's my version:


I inked up all the "bumps" on my embossing folder with my ink pads (which are all 5 of the new In-Colors for 2014-2016) and ran my cardstock through to achieve this look:


And here's my steps:

Step 1:


Open the embossing folder and decide what side of your bumps you want to use. For the Honeycomb Folder I used the bumps that form the inside of the honeycombs, not the outline. Turn your ink pads upside-down and swipe across the raised bumps:

Step 2:



Using a Spritzer, lightly spray the swiped inks with water.

Step 3:


Insert cardstock inside of the embossing folder. I used Whisper White Cardstock.

Step 4:


Run through the Big Shot Machine to emboss and voila, this is what the embossing looks like. I also tried it with our Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I used both sides of the "bumps", one at a time to show you the difference between the negative and positive:

 
Experiment with different ink colors and different embossing folder. I will be trying this again for sure. Thanks to Sue for sending me the challenge!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing your technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Jackie and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW!! This is fabulous, love it!!! Never seen this done in water colors, but I'm going to give it a try. On the other sample with the Decorative Dots EF, I like the one where the dots are left white, really beautiful. Thank you Debbie for sharing this really awesome technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I agree with you about the dots also. I like that one better too!

      Delete
  3. Very interesting! How hard was it to clean up the embossing folders? Thanks for showing this to us. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy Paula, just rinse under your water from your faucet and it comes right off. I wouldn't try it with black though as I did stain one a few years ago doing another technique.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for letting me know. I had no clue it would be that easy! Am gonna have to give this a try myself. I can imagine that it looks even prettier in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tutorial! I'm going to try this today! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo cool, bright and fun! I especially like the version using the dots folder - both sides - so different! A gal in our group used daubers to add ink to the folder...a bit more subtle coloring but bright in spots. Great technique! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!