May 24, 2014

Splattered Water Technique!

Hiya everyone! I hope your morning started off with a bang. Dave and I are leaving this morning to hopefully pick up a hot tub, can't wait! We've been wanting one for quite some time now and now that we've sold our business, maybe we can find the time to enjoy!

I have a new technique to show you today. Have you ever heard of the "Water Splatter Technique"? Well after today you will. Take a look at the card below:


Notice all the splatters on my banner? I made those by sprinkling dots of water with various sizes of paintbrushes:


First I brayered two ink colors on Whisper White Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo. I then cut out my banner shape using the Banners Framelits Dies. Using round-tipped paint brushes, I dipped into a cup of water and gently touched the tip of my paintbrush to the cardstock. Let sit until dry and you'll see the color lighten up. I did add a little bit more water to some of the drops in a circular motion to enlarge my drops. How cool is that?

 
Stampin' Up! supplies used:

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Neat technique Debbie. And clean up has to be the easiest yet. Love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love the watercolouring and the drops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and cool technique!!! Great card.....hope you got the hot tub!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!