May 26, 2014

Merry Monday #110!

Hiya Stampers and welcome to a new week and a new challenge at Merry Monday. It is my turn to host the challenge for this week and I chose a yummy challenge for our Christmas card:
 
I haven't made an awning card for quite some time and decided it would be perfect to showcase my delicious-looking cupcakes:

I even used a window sheet on the front to resemble peeking through a window at a bakery shoppe:

The awning is quite easy to complete. All you do is cut a bunch of the shapes using the Word Window Punch and glue them side-by-side on a strip of cardstock that remains underneath. I scored each end on the long side about 1/4" and folded in opposite directions:

 
Please visit Merry Monday to see the yummy creations from all of our Merry Makers!
 Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

16 comments:

  1. WOW! So cool! I have never made an awning card like this before. I love it! Great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! Great job with that awning. Thanks for challenging me this week. ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looking card. Love the idea of peaking through a bakery window. This was definitely a challenge for me. Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous challenge, Debbie and this is a great card! I've never made an awning card, but I love the 3D look and those cupcakes look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Debbie! I've made one similar but I love the 3 colours in your awning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this card. The cupcakes look good enough to eat. I think I'll make one like it for my little niece in her favorite colors purple and pink! Thank you so much, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea...I love making awning cards and adding the Window Sheets is great! Your cupcakes do look good enough to eat! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Debbie, what a great technique with the awning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super clever card and fun challenge, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Debbie - love the window!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous challenge, Debbie! Love your yummy cupcakes and the different colored awning! Terrific idea! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this awning and those chocolate frosted cupcakes are making my mouth water! Great challenge, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet bake shop card! lol, literally!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super fun creation, Debbie....I love the little sweet shoppe scene you've created! Those cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how creative & cute! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fun card, Debbie! Thanks for the awesome challenge this week - hope you're having a wonderful weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!