May 5, 2014

Merry Monday 107!

Katie has a sketch for us this week at Merry Monday and we hope you will join us! Here is the sketch we are all using:
 
I decided to go non-traditional for some of my colors this week. How about adding purple to my ombre set of green colors?


I started out by stamping my Very Vanilla Cardstock base with the Flowering Flourishes and Gorgeous Grunge stamps using Elegant Eggplant and Wild Wasabi Ink. Using Elegant Eggplant Ink and the Hardwood stamp, I stamped the image on Elegant Eggplant Cardstock and then cut my cardstock panel diagonally. I glued it to my card front. Now comes the fun part, the center of my cardstock panel layer #3:



For the Very Vanilla cardstock piece which measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/4", I cut a circle at the top and centered that measures 2 3/4" wide. Set aside the circle and use the panel with the hole. I used the retired Snow Burst Embossing Folder to emboss.

I used my Circle Framelits Dies and cut out four shades of greens to create an ombre effect. Make sure the largest circle is larger than the 2 3/4" hole that you cut on the Very Vanilla Cardstock layer so it can be glued to the back of the cardstock hole. The first three greens all have the same smaller circle cut off-center so that when all three are layered together, you add the fourth underneath the layers to peek through. I also added a trio of dots to each circle for detail.

I wanted to keep the little item in the corner of this layer small so I opted for a Glimmer Brad and a small piece of ribbon folded in half and angled on the ends:



Now remember, you have ALL WEEK to create something and come play with us. Just make sure it's a Christmas card. Come have fun!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. Love the purple and green together Debbie! Gorgeous card!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great color combo - you rocked this sketch! Great card, Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Debbie, these colours look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these non-traditional colors, Debbie! Gorgeous! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors, Debbie! Love that ribbon treatment! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE - my very favorite purple with the green....spectacular! Love all of your out of the box touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple & green colors on your card, Debbie! Wonderful design too!!! Hope your having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, Debbie. LOVE that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wat een gave kleurencombinatie. Gedurfd en heel erg mooi. Groetjes Nelleke

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve your stamped background Debbie, I thought they were DP's at first look. A fabulous effect you have created with the reducing circles too, it really draws the eye in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors scheme, flourishes, dry embossing--everything! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Debbie your non-traditional colours, layout and stamping are just stunning! I'm in love with this Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool card, Debbie. The color scheme is fabulous and the circle feature is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love non-traditional colors and these are fabulous! I love purple for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Debbie, I love, love the circle element, non traditional colours and how you stamped the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!