May 31, 2014

Happy Retirement to my Hubby!

As most of you know, Dave and I sold our business this month as Dave has decided to retire at the age of 62. Tonight we are having supper with five other couples plus one. All 13 of us meet once a month at a different eaterie each month. We try to spread our business to our local businesses. We have such a fun time....food, laughter, drinks and friendship, what more could you ask for? I private messaged our group, minus Dave, to let them know I would be ordering a cake ahead of time to present to Dave for his retirement at our gathering. So this leads me to today's card:


I'm hoping that Dave does not visit my blog today. He's pretty proud of the projects I create but I don't think he visits me here very often! So I should be safe. His main goal during his retirement is to dig out the lightly-used fishing boat he purchased a few years ago and get some fishing in. I wanted to create a nautical card for him for his retirement:


This card is a gate-fold card and remains in the closed position using a belly band. I used a new stamp set "Traveler" that will be available for you to purchase on June 2nd and of course we have some coordinating designer paper:


I even sponged some clouds on the belly band layer using the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch as a stencil:

 
Have a great weekend and as always, thanks for stopping by to visit! Don't forget that we only have 2 more days before the new catalog debuts!



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Happy retirement to your husband. It sounds like you have fun with your group of friends, and that's special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! Love the nautical look. Happy Retirement to your husband! Hope it is truly a surprise for him tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, congratulations are in order and best wishes for your hubby for many years of retirement bliss. Your card is fabulous, very masculine and elegant, I also hope he doesn't come here and finds out what you have planned, he is going to have a great time.
    Thank you Debbie for sharing this beautiful card today. On it goes to my "Masculine Cards" file.
    Have a fun this weekend.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie...this is a wonderful card - retirement, birthday...whatever! Love what you did and am very sure that Dave loved it, along with the gathering of friends and his special retirement cake! How wonderful that he will try fishing and not be underfoot during his slower days...lol! Best of luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Happy Retirement to your hubby. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!! I am sure he will enjoy every minute of it! Your card is wonderful! The sky looks amazing and I am sure he loved the nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!