May 7, 2014

Chevron & Sequin Shaker Card!

Good Morning everyone, so glad you could pop in! I have a neat project to show you today. I made a "Shaker Card" with my Chevron Punch:


This was quite easy to accomplish. You know when using your Stampin' Dimensionals, there is a strip that remains all the way around the edge? I don't EVER throw that edging away. Usually I snip it in small pieces to use under my layers and today is no exception!


First I punched my chevron shape and then applied a Window Sheet in the back using Sticky Strip. I glued my left-over strips of Stampin' Dimensionals around all four outside edges of the chevron on top of the Window Sheet on the back. Before I removed the backing from the dimensional strips, I filled inside of the framed area with Gold Sequins. I also added a few silver mini beads that I had in my stash. Next you will need a layer of Whisper White Cardstock, cut larger than the frame you created. Remove backing from the dimensional strips and press the cardstock in place to seal the frame. This will keep your sequins inside and you can shake, shake, shake:

 
Here are the measurements I used:
  • Card Base: Island Indigo Cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score in the center at 4 1/4" and fold
  • Layer #2: Island Indigo Cardstock measuring 5 1/4" x 4". Punch with the Chevron Punch in the center
  • Layer #3: Soft Sky Cardstock measuring 1 3/8" x 4". Emboss using the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder. Glue to Layer #2 at the bottom. Add a piece of 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim using Sticky Strip where both cardstock colors meet
  • Sentiment: Stamp sentiment from the Four You stamp set using Island Indigo Ink at the top of your chevrons
  • Window Sheet: 2" x 4 3/4". Glue behind the chevrons using Sticky Strip. Add strips of Stampin' Dimensionals around the chevrons to create a 4-sided frame on the back of your cardstock layer. Fill with sequins and beads
  • Whisper White: 5" x 2 1/2". Peel backing and press in place to seal your frame. Glue to card base using Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! What a fabulous card, you just gave me a whole bunch of ideas to create shaker cards other than the usual circle or square ones. This is fantastic Debbie, truly awesome!!!!! I also use every single piece of the dimensionals, the strips "left over" are perfect for a project like this one. This card is festive and fun and who ever receives it, would be absolutely delighted.
    Oh, and by the way, I CASEd, the card you did with the Vellum windows on April 26th. to make 3 fabulous cards for my mother and my daughters for Mother's Day, I can't wait to give this cards to them, I bet they will be thrilled and amazed. I will definitely tell them YOU made the original. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea...I am seeing more & more awesome shaker cards out there lately....clever to use the chevron punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and so different idea for a shaker card...loving it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!