May 29, 2014

CCMC305!

Come on weekend, I am so ready for you! It's been a long week even with Monday being a holiday. I did get to play though for our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary. We have a sketch for you to play with:

And for my card this week, I decided to flip the sketch by creating a "mirrored" layout:

 
For my background I sponged Sahara Sand Ink here and there on my Chevron background stamp to give it an aged look. I cut two doilies from the retiring "Delicate Doilies Sizzlit Die" using Sahara Sand and Raspberry Ripple Cardstock and left the little cutouts intact instead of poking them out to create a different look:
  
I finished off my card by stamping two sentiments from the Just Sayin' Stamp set and cutting them both out with the Word Bubbles Framelits Dies, adding Candy Dots and adding a small banner. I hope you visit our design team at Create with Connie & Mary this week. Can't wait to see what the girls have come up with. It's always a surprise for me also!
 
 Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Love how you flipped the sketch. And I particularly love how you left the little pieces in your doilies - so much easier and just as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how you did the background pieces...love that look! Great job with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chevron being partially stamped! Great effect! And I love how you left the pieces in the doilies! What a super idea! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love the partial sponging on the chevron, I will have to remember that! It looks fantastic on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sponging gives a little shabby look to the dainty doilies - great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background you created and your changing of the sketch works great! Super use of the word bubbles in the sketch. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please accept my apologies for being a week late!

    Great way to showcase some retiring products. I love the speech bubbles! I also love that chevron background! I need to play with mine more and get better at achieving a "partial" image like you have here...I love that effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!