May 22, 2014

CCMC304!

Beautiful, soft, and subtle color combination today at Create with Connie & Mary. I hope you join us!


Before I share my card with you today, did you know Create with Connie & Mary has their own "Pinterest Board"? You can find our latest challenges there if you ever need a color or sketch inspiration to use when in a slump. Here is the board and the link: HERE. We would love it if you "Followed" us:

http://www.pinterest.com/iluvstamping/create-with-connie-and-mary/

 And now on to my card for this week:

 
I had so much fun with this card and the color combo. I make all of my Create cards in one day for the whole month so I laughed when I started blogging this one, realizing that I posted butterflies yesterday also.

I started this card by cutting 3 strips of cardstock with the colors from the color challenge. I kept the top part of the cardstock for stamping and cut a few butterflies from the Bitty Butterflies Punch on the bottom and a few partial butterflies on each side:
 
 
I trimmed the very bottom with my Paper Snips to match the shape of the butterfly and then I stamped ink color on cardstock color:
 
 
I glued my cardstock strips in place on my card base and then I added some more butterflies to the bottoms of my strips in coordinating colors:
 
This was a blast to create. I hope you like it as much as I do and I hope you plan on playing this week!
Card Supplies:
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

16 comments:

  1. This card is fabulous and totally unexpected. Love the way you put the challenge colors together and the design where the butterflies are arising out of the color strips. Simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All of those butterflies are amazing. I love the creativity of your card, Debbie. It is sure to make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, this card looks like a beautiful explosion of butterflies, how lovely!!! Thank you for the inspiration, I'm going to CASE this card for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORE this butterfly explosion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the way you punched the butterfly shapes on the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful! Love the softness of the colors but it is accented by the softness of the butterflies, too! Very elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card - it really makes the most of the soft colours and the butterflies seem almost alive with movement. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I have to chuckle at the number of times you and I have thought alike for our challenges! This time we both did butterflies! I love the effect you have created with the butterflies...it really looks as if they are flying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your BOUNTIFUL BUNCHES OF BUTTERFLIES!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...love how you did the punched butterflies...they look like they are in flight. So clever! Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card looks like the butterfly show here in Cincinnati! I love the idea of punching out of the bottom of the card stock and adding lots below. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My jaw dropped when I saw your oh-so-creative card!! So clever to make it seem the strip of color is dissolving into butterflies which are flittering away! So inventive, gorgeous and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very very neat!!!! I will have to try this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!