May 8, 2014

CCMC302!

I used today's color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary for a birthday card. It's my son's birthday this month and we plan on traveling this weekend to visit. Although his birthday is on the 28th he is going away with a group of friends to Mount Katahdin that weekend. Once a year they go hiking to the top of this mountain which takes almost the whole day to complete. This year they decided to go camping there for Memorial weekend so I thought this card would be perfect for his birthday:


Instead of using a neutral I added in the Old Olive to give the illusion of grass in the background. I used Stampin' Up!'s "The Great Outdoors" stamp set. How appropriate! I stamped all the images in Jet Black StazOn Ink and colored them all using my ink pads and a Blender Pen:


I created a little scenery by adding the tents in the background followed by a chair sitting by the campfire. The 3 pictures below are of each flap:


The sentiment is from the "Label Love" stamp set and cut out with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch. The images in this stamp set are stinkin' adorable:



I know he will love this card and probably set it up in his man room!



 Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: The Great Outdoors, Label Love
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral
  • Tools: Blender Pen, Artisan Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • DSP: Brights Paper pack
  • Cardstock: Old Olive, Whisper White
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. How awesome! Love the camping scene you created! I really need to try one of these cards! They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Debbie, I've done a couple of this 3-D project cards and I think it gets easier as you practice more and more. The key really is to be careful with your measurements and your scoring, the rest is as easy or as hard as you want to make it, depending on how you embellish your sides.
    This is definitely not to be mass produced unless you start like a year ahead of time, LOL!! But for a special occasion or a special person, this cards are really a show stopper.
    Love the idea of the camping theme, you did an amazing job snipping all of those cute items in this set. Don't you wish there was a companion die set for it??
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!! Aren't these so much fun to make?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the colors and detail. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How FUN is this card for a camper! Love the 3D look of all the camping elements. Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried to make one of these cards yet, but I do need to give it a go! This is great! Perfect for the outdoorsy person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a fabulous personalized card for your son! Lots of work but it is obviously a labor of love. It's so wonderful that you know he will appreciate it too. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What an incredible card you created! Lots of fussy-cutting - this will be one lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! This is the coolest birthday card ever! I bet your son absolutely loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!