May 21, 2014

Card Inspiration!

Have you ever been the recipient of a beautiful store-bought card and thought...hmmm, wonder if I could replicate this? That's exactly what I've done for you today with my card. This is a card Dave and I received from friends of ours:


And the card below is the card I made by using this sample. I of course fell in love with it because I love butterflies. Isn't this a beautiful card with nice vibrant colors?


I have both cards pictured below sitting side-by-side:


I  used three colors of cardstock and cut out butterflies using the Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly Punches. I also cut out butterflies using Whisper White Cardstock to serve as my stacking layer. I snipped the butterflies in half and glued the halves by alternating the colors to the white butterflies:


I then pressed each butterfly into my VersaMark Ink pad and sprinkled Heat & Stick Powder and melted with my Heat Tool. I quickly dipped each butterfly into Iridescent Ice Embossing powder and heat set a second time. The butterflies are totally gorgeous in person:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:


 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love yours the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those butterflies a re gorgous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!