May 9, 2014

4 Easel Card!

Ooooh do I have an out-of-this-world project for you today! The card you see below is called a "4 Easel Card". See how there are four smaller cards propped up like individual easels on one card base?
 
 
I've seen a few of these cards out in blog land and Pinterest and came across one created by Diane Kirk and she graciously offered the measurements for us. She also gave me permission to show you how to make one since she doesn't own a blog. Thanks Diane! I love it!

Here are a few more views of the different easels:

 
I used the stamp set "By The Tide" for my card today:


 
Are you ready to join me in creating one today? Here we go...
 
 Step 1:

 
Once you decide what colors you want to use for your card, you will need the following sizes cut:
  • Base: 5 3/4" x 5 3/4". I used Island Indigo Cardstock
  • Layer #2: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I used Sahara Sand Cardstock
Step 2:

 
For the two layers for your 4 easels you will need the following cut:
  • 4 pieces of the base color measuring 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
  • 4 pieces of the same color as Layer #2 measuring 2 1/4" x 2 1/4".
 Step 3:

 
And for your easels you will need to cut 4 pieces of the same color as your base in Step 1 measuring 2 1/2" x 5". Score each piece on the long side at 1 1/4" and 2 1/2". Fold your cardstock pieces on the score lines as shown above.

Step 4:

 
Using a pencil and ruler, find the center of Layer #2 and add a small pencil dot as a guide.
 
Step 5:

 
Using one easel, glue to Layer #2 by placing the inside corner in the center using the pencil dot as your guide. Make sure the part that you glue down is the part without the score lines. Press in place.

Step 6:

 
Add the 2nd easel butted up against the 1st easel turning the easel in the opposite direction as shown above.

Step 7:

 
Repeat and glue all 4 easels as shown above.

Step 7:
 
 
Using your adhesive, apply to the top of your easels below the score line (closest to the edge of the whole card) as shown above. It is very important not to add glue to the area above the score line.
 
Step 8:

 
Press the 4 squares in place on top of each easel. Once all 4 squares are in place, fold on the score line so each easel sits as shown below:


Step 9:

 
Complete your stamping. I used the coral image from By The Tide stamp set and inked the image in Sahara Sand Ink and stamped each square.

Step 10:

 
Glue each square in place and decorate to your liking. You can see close-ups of each square below. I stamped all my images using Early Espresso Ink, colored the images with Stampin' Write Markers and hand-cut all of my stamped images. I glued some flat and glued others using Stampin' Dimensionals:

 
I added Rhinestone Jewels scattered on my squares and added Silver Dazzling Details on the scales of my fish below:



 
For my sentiment layer I used the following:
  • Burlap Ribbon glued in place with Sticky Strip
  • Large Oval Punch with 2 banners from the Banner Punch layered behind the oval
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set for the sentiment cut with the Word Window Punch and layered over a Modern Label Punch shape
Step 12:

 
For the final step, you need to create a "stopper" for each easel so that the easels will sit in place. I stamped the image and cut with the 3/4" Circle Punch and layered over a circle cut with the 1" Punch. I layered the circles using Stampin' Dimensionals and glued flat on the very edge of each easel panel bottom:

 
Open each easel card and rest each bottom on the stopper to hold in place! How awesome is that? You will need to create your own envelope with your Envelope Punch Board as this card is larger than a normal card size but still folds flat for mailing. I will be sending this card to my Dad for Father's Day this year and I will be making more of these cards. Thanks again Diane for such a wonderful idea!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thanks ever so to you and Diane for sharing.
    This is a must make, an over the top one.
    Have a joy filled week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Seletta, this card fold by Diane is outstanding! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn, this was a lot of fun to create!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I stopped drooling so now I'm able to write, LOL!! Goodness Debbie, this card is absolutely amazing!!! I totally love, LOVE this 3-D cards that look so complicated but are really simple to create. The sky is the limit on what to use to decorate the panels, I'm thinking Halloween, the Holidays, etc. And the best part, besides being really a show stopper, is that you DO NOT need any special or expensive tool, your paper trimmer is all you need and we all have one, right?
    Thank you Debbie and please be sure to thank Diane Kirk for sharing this out of bound card with some of the best instructions I've ever seen.
    Many Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez, from Crown Point, IN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, you made me giggle! Thanks so much and so glad you liked it so much!

      Delete
  4. WoW! Outstanding card!
    Or should I say an Upstanding Card!
    But the reason I'm commenting is because of the coral design you used as your base of each little card. Had not liked the look of that stamp set at all and never gave it much of a glance. I have to say that the Coral stamp would make owning the stamp set well worth it to me now that I've seen it used as you used it. Thanks for sharing. Pinned it and left a note for folks to come check out your blog and see how it is made. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it...Upstanding card! Glad I made you "like" to coral stamp!

      Delete
  5. I don't comment often but this card is beautiful! I love the print friendly button you have. It makes it easy for me to make your cards and I can tell who to be responsible for the original card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you Christina! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Awesome card. Great choice of stamp set for the images. Unique. Love it. Bookmarking it. Terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Debbie...thank you for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, remember that you can print with the Printer Friendly option!

      Delete
  8. Merci beaucoup pour ce partage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card with striking detail, Debbie. I don't want to make it, but will admire it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy Terry, you need to give it a try! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. I loved this so much I had to make my own this afternoon following the easy to follow instructions you included! Thank you so much for the inspiration. I love how the By the Tide worked, little pieces of art, each one. I worked with Backyard Basics and I am pretty pleased with how the little panels turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. I have never seem anything like this before. I definitely need to try this! !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!