May 23, 2014

2nd Quarter Downline Meeting!

I hosted my 2nd quarter Downline Meeting this week in my home. For those of you that are my Downline and are not local, I will be sending you a packet soon! We discussed some upcoming promotions and news and then I had the girls create three projects.

The first card uses a brand new stamp set "Work of Art" that will be available for purchase in the new catalog on June 2nd:


I love how you can create a cute background using different elements of this stamp set. We used four of the five brand new In-Colors: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon and Tangelo Twist. We also stamped one solo heart on a scrap cardstock piece and stamped again on the card front without re-inking. Hand-cut the single heart and glue to card front with a Stampin' Dimensional:


Complete the card by adding Rhinestone Jewels and adding the sentiment!


For card #2 I showed the girls how to punch out three circles and use those as guides to cut the same three circles on the card front and base:


First we used a piece of So Saffron Cardstock as a card base and layered a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on the front.

Using a 2nd piece of So Saffron Cardstock (scrap), cut out three circles with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and set them aside. We then used the cardstock piece with the holes that were cut and centered each hole with the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch to create the scalloped frames.

Using the circles we had set aside as a guide, add just a hint of glue to the back and press in place on your card front as guides all lined up on the card front. Using the punch, place it around the circles and cut. This allows you to have 3 new holes that are now perfectly positioned without having to measure.


We glued the scalloped frames to the card front around the holes. We stamped the sentiment on a 3/4" wide piece of cardstock with the "Bravo" stamp set which is also new and flagged the ends. Glue in place with Stampin' Dimensionals. Stamp the three images from the new "Something for Baby" stamp set where the holes are located to the inside cardstock panel:

 
Hint: trace a very light line around the circle with a pencil as a guide and erase when finished. We stamped two flowers and cut them out with the coordinating "Baby's First Framelits Dies" and glued them in place with Stampin' Dimensionals. Add Pearl Jewels to each flower!
 
And for the last project of the night, I showed the girls how to make this cute little gift bag that I showed all of you how to make HERE in my step-by-step tutorial:
 

We used the Num-Num stamp set and the Banners Framelits Dies to decorate the front of the bag!


And as a Thank-you to the girls for traveling and attending my meeting, I gave them each a little treat box (full of oreo's) made with the new "Hamburger Box Die":

 

These are so cute and easy to assemble. The Big Shot Machine and die do all the work for you!


Want to be part of my team? I would love to have you!
 
From May 28-June 30 new recruits can join Stampin' Up! at one of two great prices. We will continue to offer the traditional starter kit priced at $99 ($125 product value), but for four weeks only we will also be offering a reduced priced starter kit at the low price of $50 ($55 product value). 
  • You pay $99 for $125 worth of product to join or...
  • You pay $50 for $55 worth of product during the four weeks
  • Wait until June 2nd to sign up when the new catalog goes live and you will get 20% off for six full months without having to meet any minimums and get to choose product from the new catalog
  • Order as little as you want during those six months or splurge, your choice
  • Do you have a friend that would like to sign up also? You earn a free stamp set when you sign someone under you as your own Downline.
  • Questions....email me!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun meeting and that you are good to your downline! Thanks for all that you do, too, for the Merry Monday Challenge. I finally had time to play this week, but then didn't like my entry. I did a makeover...if you have time, check it out on my blog at http://stampingpeace.wordpress.com
    I tried to delete my entry to put the makeover in, but it wouldn't let me. Better luck next week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! Am sure they loved the oreo's in the darling hamburger box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!