April 26, 2014

New Card Fold & A Candle Card!

Good morning stampers. So glad you stopped by this morning as I have a new card fold for you. It's a Center Bi-fold card and I will list all the measurements for you. This is what the card looks like as you pull it out of the envelope, take a look:

The card has 4-panels total with two panels in the center both cut in the middle leaving frames and you add Vellum Cardstock to the windows. Notice the flameless candle that sits in the back of the card? The light peeks through. It is really pretty in the dark:

This is the view from behind that you don't see when the card is open and sits for display:

And a view from the top:

I started out with a piece of Primrose Petals C'oredinations Cardstock piece cut at 5 1/2" x 12". Score at 4 1/4", 6" and 7 3/4". You will need to cut two windows inside the two center panels. I used my Paper Cutter and kept 1/4" frame on all four sides and popped out the centers once cut.

I embossed the front panel by using the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder and using my Sanding Block on the raised edges on both sides of my card front.

You will need two pieces of Vellum Cardstock measuring 1 5/8" x 5 1/4". Stamp the flowered branch image from the Morning Meadow Stamp Set using Jet Black StazOn Ink. Allow to dry completely before you glue to the windows. Glue to the backside using Tombow Multipurpose Glue.

Add a Very Vanilla Cardstock layer to the inside of your card. I stamped the matching flowered branch to the bottom of the layer. This layer measures 4" x 5 1/4".

For the front I cut out a die-cut shape using the On Film Framelits Die and Basic Black Cardstock. I popped out the center and replaced it with Very Vanilla Cardstock measuring 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" and glued it to the back. I added a strip of ribbon tied in a bow around the very bottom and I stamped the image in the center and glued the panel to my card front. For the sentiment I stamped it on Very Vanilla Cardstock, hand-cut the banner and glued to the center of my stamped image using skinny pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals:

The bird was stamped with Jet Black StazOn Ink and hand-cut on Very Vanilla Cardstock and the flowers were stamped using Pool Party Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. I cut all of my flowers using the coordinating Pansy Punch and curled the petals with my Bone Folder. Glue them in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. I finished off my flowers by coloring 3 Pearl Jewels with a black Permanent marker and placing them in the center of each flower!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!