April 21, 2014

Merry Monday #105!

Hi Stampers, welcome to our new challenge this week at Merry Monday! If you started joining us right after Christmas in creating a card each week, you should now have 17 cards all ready for December. What a great way to add to your stash of Christmas cards so you don't have to stress when all of the demands of the busy holiday season are upon us.

This week Sue has a great challenge for us:


I had so much fun with this card:


In order to fit my Ho-Ho-Ho letters, I made the card long enough to fit a #10 envelope. If you would like to make a card this size, start out with a piece of cardstock measuring 9 1/2" x 8". Score in the center at 4" and fold. I then cut off a 1/2" strip from the bottom and set this piece aside. Cut another 1" strip off the same end and discard to your scraps.


Decorate your card front as desired. I used Flowering Flourishes for my stamp set and added the background images. I added some stamping to the 1/2" strip of cardstock as well. Now you are ready to glue your letters in place. Make sure when you do this that you position your 1/2" strip to line up at the very bottom of your card base so the bottom sides are even. Add glue to the very tips of the tops and bottoms of your letters and press in place. I added a layer of Whisper White Cardstock to the inside of the card that measures 3 3/4" x 9 1/4".

 
I added some punch art flowers to some of the background swirls and to some of the letters. All flowers are cut with the Boho Blossoms Punch and layered with two pieces using Stampin' Dimensionals. I pinched the petals on the top layer to create the fullness of the flowers.
Here's a close-up of the lettering:
 
 
I used Red Glimmer Paper and it is so shimmery in person. I hope you enjoyed my card for our challenge today. Make sure you visit Merry Monday  to view all of the projects by our Merry Makers. Did you know we also have a Facebook page? Come on over and "LIKE" us! We post all of our projects there all week long! Here is the link: Merry Monday Facebook
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
Card Supplies:

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. So pretty Debbie! I haven`t made a long card in a.. long time :) Love the peekaboo window!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you always make the cutest things and this card is no exception! Love the colors and i'm glad you explained how you attached the letters because I was checking it out over on the private blog and couldn't wrap my mind around it! LOL Love the pop of red glitter from your diecut letters and your sweet little flowers! Well done! Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creative card, Debbie! Those glittery letters are awesome! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty with the flourishes and the sweet tiny flowers....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unique and stunning, Debbie. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been admiring this jolly card! I love how you have place the letters with the opening behind them! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, this is SO creative!! Just love how you did the lettering!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so clever Debbie! I just love what you have done to focus on the letters. Thanks so much for including measurements (because it is off to my Pins).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Debbie! The red letters and beautiful white flowers go so well with the Coastal Cabana paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your card ...and the colors you used ...the way you did the Ho's awesome ...thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie, I hopped over from Merry Monday to find out more about your fabulous card. Then I ended up spending ages browsing your blog - loads of super makes and tons of inspiration!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card Debbie, the papers and colours you used are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Your card is so clever Debbie, such a wonderful take on the Challenge. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about your creative, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever card, Debbie! Love the colors and glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!