April 18, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

It's my Mom's birthday today and I wanted to show you the card I mailed her a few days ago. Dave and I are actually going to be working close to my parents today, who live an hour and a half away from us and we are going to pop in and say Happy Birthday in person! She doesn't know it yet.

So here is the card I made for her:


And when you open it, this is what you see....


It's called an "Inside Step Card".....


I used the "Simple Stems" stamp set which is in the Occasions Catalog until May 31st. This is my go-to flower stamp set lately. I love how it stamps. The two flowers stamped in Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bays Inks coordinate with the Secret Garden Framelits Dies, the Crushed Curry flowers are hand-cut:


This is what the card looks like when opened with a view from above:


And closed again for mailing....


This is another one of those card folds that I cut using my SC eCutting Machine. I know there are patterns out in blog land if you search for "Inside Step Card" but I took the easy way out! Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Card Supplies:

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. What a lucky mom! This gorgeous card and a surprise visit from her very talented daughter! Enjoy your visit and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! My mom had a very nice day and loved my card! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I just love your card. I did search for a Inside-step card tutorial/instructions and only found the typical side step instructions. Could you please send me your instructions? I love your card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I don't have instructions for this one as it was cut with my eCutting machine. I do have another version I posted here that has the pattern: http://www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/free-fridays-valentines-vertical-step.html

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!