April 19, 2014

Control Freaks Blog Hop for April!

Yay, it's the 19th of the month which means another "Blog Hop" sponsored by the Control Freaks! You are in for some fun projects as we are focusing on "Fun for EVERYone projects! If you just arrived from Connie Babbert's blog, did you love the projects you saw? She always knows how to make you ooh and aah doesn't she? If you are starting here with me, I will direct you to the next stop at the bottom of my post!


And now on to my projects. Lots of you know I love to create Masculine projects so that's the theme I used for this month. I think masculine projects are a little more challenging in the thought process and you know me, I love to be challenged. For my first project I actually used My Digital Studio to create a hybrid card front:


I used the "Daring Adventure Stamp Brush Set" and created the background you see on the card front. I also created the sentiment on a 2nd piece and printed both on Whisper White Cardstock:


I love the little footprints. I added stamped speckles using Jet Black StazOn Ink and my Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set:


Cards Supplies:
  • MDS: Daring Adventure Stamp Brush Set
  • Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge
  • Inks: Printer, Jet Black StazOn, Soft Suede
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Tasteful Trim Die, Big Shot Machine, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Silver Mini Brads
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Whisper White
For my next two projects, I coordinated them as a set:


A card and a frame. I purchased an unfinished wooden frame at a hobby store and started out by tracing both the inside and the outside of the frame onto designer paper and cutting to size. I then started stamping the background images from "Clockworks". I love this stamp set! I added three rows of Island Indigo Baker's Twine at the very top:


Some of the images are stamped in Island Indigo Ink and for the others I added Black Embossing Powder using the VersaMark Ink Pad. It is so pretty in person....or should I say handsome? The pocket watch and gears are either hand-cut or cut with circle punches. Some are glued flat while others are glued using Stampin' Dimensionals and some of the gears have Mini Brads in the center:

I glued the DSP to the frame and then used my Sanding Block on all the edges to smooth them out and give a little bit of a torn look.

For my card I added lots and lots of layers using the same ink and stamp set:
 
 
I made my own designer paper using the stamp set and cut some of it using the Banner Punch, the Circles Collection Framelits Dies and I hand-cut the long skinny banner:
 
 
Frame & card supplies:
  • Tools: Word Window Punch, Punch Pack, 3/4" Circle Punch, Circles Collection Framelits Dies, Big Shot Machine, Stampin' Dimensionals, Banner Punch, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sanding Block, Mini Glue Dots
  • Accessories: Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Silver Mini Brads
  • Stamps: Clockworks, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Cardstock: Soft Sky, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • DSP: Subtles Paper Stack
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Island Indigo, VersaMark
  • Misc: Wood Frame
http://heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit! It is now time for you to visit Cindy Elam's blog. I can guarantee you'll be wowed as always. Thanks for visiting our blog tour and make sure you go all the way through to get lots of great ideas. Have a great night!
 
 
debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word Debbie...you clockworks stuff is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary, means so much to hear that!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad you liked the projects Penny! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. WOW Debbie - that Clockworks card is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison, nice to see you here!

      Delete
  4. Very fun...great masculine gift! I have that Clockworks set and never used it...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I've used it quite a few times for classes and workshops, masculine themed of course!

      Delete
  5. Wowza.....I adore the Clockworks set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. This is by far the best use of Clockworks I have ever seen. Very classy. The first card reminded me of years ago when the kids would come in with muddy feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't this blog hop fun Judy, glad you made it!

      Delete
  7. Loving both of your projects! The frame and card with the clock works are fabulous - great guy card and gift!!!! As is the Daring Adventure set...great job on both of them Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!