April 24, 2014

CCMC300!

Good Morning Stampers! First I want to start off by apologizing for our Create with Connie & Mary Challenge website. As some of you are probably aware, our Create with Connie and Mary blog has been down on and off this past week. This is an issue with Typepad being under cyber hacker attacks and not something we were able to control. So we are not taking a chance that this will not be fixed with another challenge this week and will be showing you a blog hop instead with all of our designers participating. Make sure you hop along....

 
If you've arrived here from Deb Currier's blog, wasn't her project awesome? She is the queen of clean & simple in my eyes! If you are starting off with me, I will have the link at the bottom of my post for your next stop!

What a milestone today for Create with Connie & Mary! We have reached 300 challenges! I could not remember how long ago I started designing with this wonderful team so I went back and reviewed and I am almost at 4 years! Wow time flies! So I have a rewind for you....back on November 4, 2010 this was my very first submission to the design team with a sketch challenge:


I was still in the learning stages of designing by using a sketch or a color challenge. My photography skills were not that great either, another learning experience over the years. It's always funny to go back and see how you've improved over the years and you know what, challenges are the best way to learn from others and to experiment. I hope you will join us this week as we have beautiful colors for our color challenge:


My Card for this week:


I was late in purchasing the "Stippled Blossoms" stamp set. Love that this is a two-step stamp set. You ink your flower stamp in a lighter color for the base of the flowers and leaves and add detail with a darker shade of ink with the 2nd stamp:


And I added a scrunched up piece of Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon by using Sticky Strip and pressing the ribbon in place and then adding a double bow:


Now it's time to hop on over to Lisa Martz's blog and I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised as her cards are always awesome!

http://lvstmpn.wordpress.com/
 
Card Supplies:

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. WOW! This is stunning! I never thought that these colors could do something like that - lol! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Debbie, this card with the Stippled Blossoms is simply gorgeous. I'm the lucky owner of this set as well as the Field Flowers so I only feel sad for those new comers who wont be able to enjoy this amazing two step sets. Both this cards are amazing, thank you for sharing.
    I'm so happy your troubles with Type Pad are resolved, lets hope this wont happen again, it's just terrible what some people will do to create troubles for others, this hackers should be putting their brains to better use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, this stamp set seems to look great with any color pairing. Thanks for visiting the blog hop!

      Delete
  3. Wow I love your card. Especially the scrunched up ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.my.goodness! So pretty! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie your card is over the top gorgeous! Now I really have to get this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive! I never would have thought to use these colors for the flowers. Love the frilly bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, Love your flowers and card! That's such a great set and it looks very pretty done in the challenge colors! Congratulations on four years! Wow, that's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!