April 12, 2014

CCMC Saturday Challenge!

Wowza, what a great week we've had over at Create with Connie & Mary with our Card "Create"tions Subscription. Lots of ideas, lots of inspiration and we have one more week left! And you can still subscribe and get yourself caught up. Each designer designs 4 cards with a chosen stamp set and includes all directions for creating each card in PDF format. Go visit now to sign up!

This is my Saturday #2 favor for the challenge this week:


Since my turn this week included the stamp set "The Great Outdoors", I thought I would continue on with the Masculine theme and make some coasters. These could be secured to a jar of peanuts or other snack as a small gift!

I used some coaster boards that I had on hand that I purchased a long time ago but you could also use Stampin' Up!'s Vanilla Coaster Board and cut your own. I stamped all the images using StazOn Jet Black Ink and colored using Inks, Blender Pens, Aqua Painters and Sponge Daubers. This project was so much fun!

Here I stacked all four of the coasters and wrapped Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon to secure them together and added a stamped tag:


Below are close-ups of each coaster:





Now, I know what your next question is going to be. You want to know how you can add a drink to the coaster and preserve it right? Easy peasy....I pounced on each coaster with my VersaMark Ink Pad and sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder and set with my Heat Tool. You can actually repeat this 3 or 4 times and keep layering the embossing powder! The more layers the better!


 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Actually, my question is can you teach me how to color like that?! Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and wish you lived closer Chellie, you could come to my classes! Some of the ink was sponged, stenciled and of course the Blender Pen!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Chellie! How do you color like that? I figure that the embossed surface pulls out the brightness of the colors but you blend your colors until they look like a photo.

    Joyce Pacer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, you are correct that the embossing does brighter up the colors. I did spend a lot of time on these. I was an art major in college so that explains some of it. Practice, practice, practice is my advice. Most people think they have to totally cover each image with color. You start with small amounts of ink and build from there to make some lighter and darker areas.

      Delete
  3. AMAZING Debbie!!!!!!! I just love these coasters, your coloring skills are out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are a work of art! You created each little scene so beautifully! I really love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I've already given them away as a gift also!

      Delete
  5. Love this project! Thanks so much for sharing .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!