April 8, 2014

A new Burlap Wreath!

Hi Paper Crafters! So glad you stopped by today as I have a new wreath to show you. As you know, Stampin' Up! has a "Burlap & Blooms Wreath Kit" in our Occasions Catalog. Lo and behold, the wreath comes with everything you need to create your wreath and also includes a large, thick cardboard piece that is part of the packaging used to protect the supplies inside. As I held this piece of cardboard in my hand before I tossed it, a little light bulb went off in my head. Well, you know me...I use everything! Before I assembled my wreath, I traced the wreath form that came with the kit onto the cardboard for later use. And today is is that "later":


Once I had my form traced on the cardboard, I hand-cut the shape. Although it was quite thick to cut through, I managed to get it done. I then used a spool of the "1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon" that I purchased from Stampin' Up! and wrapped it around the form and glued the ends. Then I got myself busy cutting out butterflies and leaves using the "Autumn Leaves Die", "Beautiful Butterflies Die" and the "Elegant Butterfly Punch". I embossed some of the butterflies. I layered some of the butterflies and I added "Pearl Jewels" to some of the butterflies:


My stamp room is painted and decorated with a lot of the Crisp Cantaloupe, Cajun Craze combination along with some browns so I used colors to match my room:


I hope you liked my project for today. Please come back tomorrow for a new project!

Project supplies:
  • Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon (retired), Pearl Jewels
  • Tools: Beautiful Butterflies Die, Autumn Leaves Die, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Arrows Embossing Folder, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder
  • Misc: Hot Glue Gun, Cardboard
We are well into our 2nd week with our Card "Create"tions subscription at Create with Connie & Mary. Have you signed up yet? If not, you can still join in!

JOIN US for our NEW Card Create-tions Edition featuring stamp sets in the Main and Occasions catalogs!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs March 30 - April 19
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier and Nicole Tugrul are joining us!

 
  Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project Debbie, fast and easy to do. I love the butterflies, they are a definite sign that Spring is really here. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful decorating idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are very welcome Maria! It looks nice in my stamp room!

      Delete
  2. Hand on heart and jaw on floor. That is stunning, Debbie! I think I even like it better than the original. I am taking a tip from you and tracing the cardboard ring for a possible future wreath. Wow….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Chellie, why waste a perfect-sized cardboard piece and get two out of the kit! Have fun if you decide to add a 2nd!

      Delete
  3. Those butterflies look as though they are going to fly off with your wreath...at any second! What a lovely idea, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do Carol. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. love this project...was wondering if you could tell me how much (length) burlap/ribbon it took to wrap the base circle...I'd like to do this as a class for my gals. tfs
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, I wouldn't even begin to guess. I purchased a new roll of burlap and can't remember if I used most of it. To be safe, I would have them each purchase a roll for their own use. Some of my customers used more burlap then others when making their kit. It depends how tight and how far apart you wrap it around each wreath.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly